Thread: cascading

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Looks like I would do well there! Haha
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erial View Post
    Follow The Sun
    If you can, pick a creek that gets some sun. The wider the gorge, the more sun the creek bed will typically get. Not only will the adventure be warmer, but the creek will be less slippery, as algae tends to grow on rocks in the shade.
    That's not what I found in my experience. Bridal Veil (in provo) had the most algae I've ever seen on a waterfall! That was a slippery waterfall!

Battlecreek, Rocky Mouth, Kolob, Pleiades, Adams Canyon, Waterfall Canyon, Faux Falls, and a few unnamed ones - had HARDLY ANY compared to Bridal Veil. And Bridal Veil sees the sun all day practically, except for morning!

Rocky Mouth, Adams and Pleaides hardly see the sun and they are hardly mossy. They are mostly rocks except a few mossy spots at the top, though.

But basically, any waterfall that has a large amount of current going through it is not going to have a lot of moss. When it's a steady flow except LOTS of moss! And in a way, that's how Bridal Veil was. More of a steady flow than strong current.

(Now that I think of it, the Mystery Canyon Falls, is quite slippery. But that's a fun one to slide down on with your shoes. haha)
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by erial View Post
    but by and large, most hikers would never consider walking up a creek to see what’s beyond the next bend.
    And I always just called it fishing!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum