Thread: The Enchantments- Pictures

The Enchantments- Pictures

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/message/57361

Getting a permit into the Enchantments is a long shot, but the large amount of
    snow made many cancel out and Jenny, down a day early, secured the goods. In for
    5 days. Aaron and I woke in Colorado and slept 5 miles up at treeline in
    Washington that evening. What a world!!! First climb is the Serpentine Ridge on
    Dragontail. A 16 pitch climb with one 5.9 pitch (Aaron on lead on the crack
    series). Both Jenny and I fell following. How the boy can climb that hard with
    20+ pounds on his back???? A handful of 5.7 pitches and much mid and low 5th
    above and beyond. Getting off the steep snow and over the moat, just to get
    started was an adventure. Jenny led that blind move up and over. I led the
    traverse over to the climbable ledge, but not before breaking a bit of moat that
    collapsed and fell 4 feet, burying the rope. Twenty minutes of digging later, I
    continued ;-O. We had the summit to ourselves. A camera was placed on a pack,
    while on top. Later the pack was picked up and a camera went airborne over the
    edge of the 2,000 foot face. Oops. The person had to be told that the camera was
    gone, as the flight was missed by the owner. Names have been changed to protect
    the clumsy. On descent we came down a slope that we heard later had a cornice
    break off and a resultant major slide, just 15 minutes before we came to it.
    GULP!! Them spring avies and slough offs....... The snow was like cement. Lucky
    duckies.

Then the goats. Lived with them for 2 days. They sure like our salt. The babies
    were adorable. The adults, with their fainted warfare, reminded me of a certain
    outdoor community ;-). Prussik Peak west ridge next. A 5.7 route of about 4
    pitches, inch for inch one of the best anywhere. A ten mile hike out the next
    day, past frozen lakes and river crossing about sieves. Chaaaaarming!! Love the
    Cascade's, Even the trails can kill ya!!

After the 5 day overnight, we did the long drive around to Washington Pass area,
    threw in a round of golf and the next day, an ascent of South Early Winter Spire
    on a cold day. Pictures are a blend of both Aaron's and my collection.

http://picasaweb.google.com/aramv14/...mentsJuly2010#

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Some great shots Ram, #86 is Stellar!!
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Some great shots Ram, #86 is Stellar!!
    Glad you enjoyed. The peak above Aaron is Silver Star. It has a big glacier on its back side and comes in at a little under 9,000 feet tall. On the picture left are the Wine Spires, the 4 summits, left to right are Burgundy, Chianti, Pernod and Chablis. Burgundy easiest route is 5.8, up the north ridge, seen on it's left slope. A fine climb. The others can be done at 5.6, although the middle two are mightily complex to do at that difficulty. Chianti is famed for a 5.10 route on its east side. Pernod requires aid (lasso-really) to get on its summit block and Chablis' crux lacks....ahhh....much in the way of protection. All can be done in 1-3 days. Fine peaks all.
    Ram

2nd the beautiful pics. I love #20. Such a great view! You guys are awesome.
    The man thong is wrong.

Ram - Wonderful set of photographs!

#20 is beautiful - I think this is the best picture I have ever seen to represent the pharse: "Oh beautiful for spacious skys, for amber waves of grain, for purple mountians majesty....." I now know what "purple mountians" are - splendid!!!!!

#29 is very poetic: the woman and the goat/man and nature sharing the same spot/the same view, side by side, yet not showing any concer for each others presence. Nice.

#32 OMG - that kid is soooooooo cute and fluffy!

#37 is awesome! Tell us more about this photo - how did you get such lighting?

#48 makes Angel's Landing look like very easy.

As for the kid standing on the VERY TOP of pointy things - ACK!!!!! (His poor mother!)

Looking forward to spending time with the rest of your pictures shortly.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Dang, I missed this when it was posted. Wonderful shots!!!!
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Ram - Wonderful set of photographs!

#37 is awesome! Tell us more about this photo - how did you get such lighting?

#48 makes Angel's Landing look like very easy.

As for the kid standing on the VERY TOP of pointy things - ACK!!!!! (His poor mother!)
    Looking forward to spending time with the rest of your pictures shortly.

#37 was taken by Aaron from the summit of Little Annapurna. The picture before, #36 is of him coming off the summit. The golden rocks were over the top, behind the mountain and was his reward for expending the effort of a sunset mountain climb. It was just the natural light that the big angles of a mountain sunset can provide.

#48 is on the west ridge of Prussik Peak and is taken on the lower of the two large ledges on the sun/shade line on this picture
    http://picasaweb.google.com/aramv14/...61197789679106

His poor mother has climbed the peak. Her picture, using that point as a hand railing will be featured on a future album.

Glad your enjoying. Hope folks peak at the other albums too. More coming soon.
    Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Dang, I missed this when it was posted. Wonderful shots!!!!
    Amazing pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    His poor mother has climbed the peak. Her picture, using that point as a hand railing will be featured on a future album.

Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    #29 is very poetic: the woman and the goat/man ....
    Huh - I don't see Ram in that picture...

Always good stuff, Ram. You guys share such beautiful stuff!

Wow, awesome pics. I like the #20 best. It looks so beautiful and peaceful.

the gradations in this photo are amazing, ram

Name:  P7070087-2..jpg
Views: 782
Size:  25.8 KB

Name:  P7120289-2..jpg
Views: 816
Size:  133.3 KB