Thread: Bear Lake Wakesurfing

Blog Entries

Bear Lake Wakesurfing

Did this again today! So much fun up there.

So far I only have one video uploaded - but its of my brother Matt. He's not bad at all at it. Oh and of course, check out the dismount at the end!

BTW - if it's windy at Bear Lake, head to the very south end of the lake behind the hill and there is practically no wind up there. NICE!

●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Excellent wake. What boat was it?
    It's the sanger v215. It has 3 ballasts that can hold up to 1000lbs (combined) of additional weight. But we just do the middle and left (mainly) ballast so the boat drags on the left side. It's a nice boat because you don't need the people holding down the one side (in fact just my brother, his wife, myself and mom, went today). And it has a nice rear foam deck and wooden stepping plank. But a nice upgrade my brother did for his boat was buy the "Perfect Pass" which allows the driver to set the top speed and the boat automatically reaches and holds that speed (without the "hurry up and gun it, and then "too fast too fast!!", and then "speed it up speed it up!!", and then fall...type of thing). Nice advertisment huh? hehe
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    But a nice upgrade my brother did for his boat was buy the "Perfect Pass"

Yeah, Shad's got that on his Mastercraft. Dang, I'd love a big wake like that. It seems I'm just barely catching the wake most of the time.

Awesome ride. I have heard that Bear Lake is great. I had friends growing up that would always spend a week up there in the summer. Too far for me to drive now. Thanks for sharing.
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonbug View Post
    Awesome ride. I have heard that Bear Lake is great. I had friends growing up that would always spend a week up there in the summer. Too far for me to drive now. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks! Yea, Bear Lake is nice for my family because 1) my brother and his wife own a small RV lot in Garden City on top of the hill so it makes camping easy. 2)Bear Lake is mostly protected by mountains on all sides making it more wind-free than other lakes. 3) convenience of the shops near the lake (buy burgers, raspberry shakes, etc) while you are heading to and from the dock. 4) the dock is good and well maintained. 5) on a WINDY day on Bear Lake, head to the very south side of the lake (where the big hill is) and most of the wind will have ceased.

But unfortunately, the water is a bit colder than other lakes. But dog days of summer, makes it just right.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Damn! That looks like a lotta fun. That big wake makes a huge difference. Seeing it behind regular boats isn't as exciting to me and too labor intensive.