Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for a friend to do the bridge mountain arch hike in zion

Beer. It's not illegal to get a friend to help you with a hiking adventure then buy him beer and pizza...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Beer. It's not illegal to get a friend to help you with a hiking adventure then buy him beer and pizza...
    Beer, pizza, motel rooms, gear and gas....... all go on my list of acceptable payment for "hiking with a friend".

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Beer, pizza, motel rooms, gear and gas....... all go on my list of acceptable payment for "hiking with a friend".
    yea never tought of that, theres been many times i got food ,beer and even sex as a payment, sex is out of the qusetion but food , beer and fun are all on the agenda after the hike.
    i also want to thank everyone that helped me find this site. it all started at the backcountry desk two years ago when everyone tryed to talk me out of the hike until i got in touch with a cool ranger that put me in touch with this site and bo beck , bo was very help full putting me in touch with friends willing to help me. i had many offers from locals that would guide me for a fee but decided not to go that route i wanted someone to go on the hike with me cuz they wanted not cuz they were getting paid.
    well i just like to say a weekend has been set and not only do i have one friend but two of the best canyoneers in zion and on this site joining me for this hike.
    i just want to extend my gratitude to everyone that helped me and especiaslly my two new friends!

well the countdown is on, the date has been set, in less then three weeks il be standing on the arch i cant belive its that close, i have had tons of people pm me about the hike wanting to join our group, but out of respect for my new friends taking the hike with me i had to decline. i would like to thank everyone that offered there help, the responce has been overwellming. this site rocks!!!
    stay tuned for the trip report.
    just gona stand there and watch me burn...... thats alright cuzi like the way it hurts

Quote Originally Posted by azhiaziam View Post
    well the countdown is on, the date has been set, in less then three weeks il be standing on the arch i cant belive its that close, i have had tons of people pm me about the hike wanting to join our group, but out of respect for my new friends taking the hike with me i had to decline. i would like to thank everyone that offered there help, the responce has been overwellming. this site rocks!!!
    stay tuned for the trip report.
    Have a great trip, azhiaziam. I was up there a few weeks back and it was very windy - too windy to stand on the arch. Here is hope for low-2-no wind for you and I look forward to the TR (with pix, please).

Quote Originally Posted by azhiaziam View Post
    yea never tought of that, theres been many times i got food ,beer and even sex as a payment, sex is out of the qusetion but food , beer and fun are all on the agenda after the hike.
    i also want to thank everyone that helped me find this site. it all started at the backcountry desk two years ago when everyone tryed to talk me out of the hike until i got in touch with a cool ranger that put me in touch with this site and bo beck , bo was very help full putting me in touch with friends willing to help me. i had many offers from locals that would guide me for a fee but decided not to go that route i wanted someone to go on the hike with me cuz they wanted not cuz they were getting paid.
    well i just like to say a weekend has been set and not only do i have one friend but two of the best canyoneers in zion and on this site joining me for this hike.
    i just want to extend my gratitude to everyone that helped me and especiaslly my two new friends!
    Do me a favor? I went to Crawford Arch with Joe Braun, Tanya, Joe Sr., and Cliff a few years ago and when we got to the arch Joe Jr. brought out his Adventure Jeepney, so I put my Adventure P.T. Crusier alongside and we got pictures of the two vehiclles side by side with the arch in the background. If you can find a 1956- 2 or 4 door Chevy Bel Aire to share your trip, I'd love a picture of this Adventureous American Classic with the magnificant arch in the background?! Jus' kiddin' but I do hope that this trip spawns some magnificant images and memories for you! Cheers.......Bo for sure!

well i almost cant belive im in zion with the hike less then a few days away i can bearly contain myself, i can see the arch right outside my cabin i find myself stareing at it for hours on end, everyone i tell about the hike there eyes light up and the next question they ask is can they come. and whos going with me . but out of all the hikers i talked to at the zion adventure center and the park rangers, i have found no one that has taken the hike. i was told that less then 1% of the hikers that visit zion have done the hike i plan to be in that one percent. im prayin for no rain or wind for that day
    again i want to thank all on bogley for the help and insight without this site i may never have taken this hike so heres a bow for the sitetwo for boand abunch for my new friends oh and one for the arch that i now call the S T J arch
    just gona stand there and watch me burn...... thats alright cuzi like the way it hurts

well it went down today... the hike was completed in 13 hours just want to thank my two new friends trackrunner and tylerhirshfeld for accompanying me on this epic hike, stay tuned for the trip report and again thanks shaun and tyler i had a blast !