Thread: Red Bull USGP Laguna Seca 2010

Red Bull USGP Laguna Seca 2010

Until canyoneer's figure out a way to introduce "Umbrella Girls" into the sport, racing will always be my first love....

Our next stop Speedweek 2010 on the Salt Flats and then off to the Reno Air Races.

A picture is worth a thousand words... enjoy....

Name:  Tissotsweetasses&#.jpg
Views: 30030
Size:  341.0 KB

Name:  Racing8..jpg
Views: 4917
Size:  376.7 KB

Name:  BehindSecurity7..jpg
Views: 4415
Size:  368.8 KB

Name:  BehindSecurity6..jpg
Views: 4343
Size:  345.8 KB

Name:  MonsterGirls2..jpg
Views: 4969
Size:  352.8 KB

Name:  MonsterSexyHOTTES&#.jpg
Views: 4811
Size:  295.0 KB

Name:  CorkScrew..jpg
Views: 4638
Size:  276.2 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This may be a stupid question but what exactly do the umbrella girls do? Aside from look nice of course...

An Umbrella Girls total job in life is to hold the umbrella over the rider on the starting grid so they can sit in the shade and not get hot. It started with motorcycle racers having their girlfriends preform the job.... and motorcycle racers all have hot girlfriends, it is part of the difinition of being a racer.... but the Umbrella Girl has now become a way to get sponsors more air time because motorcycles don't have hoods, roofs and quarter panels to slap sticker all over. But the trend has since infiltrated all racing formats.

Name:  Lithuania-MotoGP-&#.JPG
Views: 19097
Size:  124.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    the Umbrella Girl has now become a way to get sponsors more air time because motorcycles don't have hoods, roofs and quarter panels to slap sticker all over. But the trend has since infiltrated all racing formats.

Name:  Lithuania-MotoGP-&#.JPG
Views: 19097
Size:  124.1 KB
    Why not use the umbrella itself for ads then? I see one ad on her ass and that's it. They are all using the same umbrellas. Is there some kind of regulations in place that umbrella must be red/white combo?
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Why not use the umbrella itself for ads then?
    The umbrella normally has the sponsor logo and is color coordinated to match the girl.....

The only reason I can think of that the one umbrella doesn't have a sposor logo is that the team doesn't have a major sponsor or that ad space was not sold. Which is the same reason you will occationally see a car race NASCAR with a blank hood.

Name:  umbrella+girl+2..jpg
Views: 27160
Size:  101.4 KB

Why not use the umbrella itself for ads then? I see one ad on her ass and that's it.
    Uh duh dood. Where do you think everyone is looking?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Uh duh dood. Where do you think everyone is looking?
    Touche' my friend.... It just seems like any place there is to put a sticker or ad, I usually see one, haha. I do find it interesting watching UFC and seeing "condom Depot" right on their ass. Maybe TMI....

Name:  condom..jpg
Views: 5555
Size:  77.8 KB
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

I do find it interesting watching UFC and seeing "condom Depot" right on their ass.