Thread: Zion: Soundscape management plan.

Zion: Soundscape management plan.

I wonder if the deep bellow of "ROPE!" is going to be included/allowed in the 'existing ambient soundscape'

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11853058&hl=3

Public comment until Sept 3.

Link to plan: http://parkplanning.nps.gov/document...cumentID=35480

*Not really a canyoneering topic per se, but could have impacts on the 'sport'... thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I thought this was a joke. You advertise how awesome Zion is and that people should come visit and then you want a soundscape management plan. That sound redonculous! I can't believe this is real. Zion national park is making me not want to visit. The annoyance of a national park and its hordes of people, permits, and now a smp. I can taste metal, am I having a stroke?
    The man thong is wrong.

It would be much more helpful to my enjoyment of the park if the administration implimented a hairy arm pit, body odor, take a bath plan. I, in a wet suit all day, smell better than many of the tourists I have passed on the trail out of the Narrows.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    It would be much more helpful to my enjoyment of the park if the administration implimented a hairy arm pit, body odor, take a bath plan. I, in a wet suit all day, smell better than many of the tourists I have passed on the trail out of the Narrows.

Here is my Zion policy. Always arrive and exit after the shack closes. I haven't paid for entrance in at least a year or so. I also generally will do my best to avoid permits at all costs. As long as you don't do Mystery or Pine you can get by w/o permits.

I admit that over the last few years I go to Zon way less than I used too beacsue it's always such a pain in the ass.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

How does the park service do a sound scape management plan when the loudest thing in Zion are the buses run by the park service.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jhillock View Post
    How does the park service do a sound scape management plan when the loudest thing in Zion are the buses run by the park service.
    I do agree with the buses being loud - but they are the 2nd loudest thing in Zionssssssssszzzz. Motorcycles are by far the loudest. You always hear them reving their cc's between the East Entrance and tunnel. Whenever I do Angels Landing (which is everytime I'm canyoneering) - that's all I hear.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"