Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camp Games

Camp Games

I will be taking my family camping and with the threat of daily rain, I was wondering what are your favorite in-camp, or in-the-tent games? My kids are old enough to play most any game with the oldest being 16 youngest is 8. Suggestions???
    Life is Good

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    a party game I've played that has passed hours camping with close friends
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

I've only played it with townspeople, mafia, police (or sherriff). minimum groups towns & one mafia. never used the nurse or doctor option.

Blog Entries
    Obviously, any deck card game. I personally like Nerts (sp). It's a mix of speed and solitaire, and it's easy to remember and setup. Scum is another good one too. Or BS.

Or you can bring some specifically designed portable games like Monopoly, Chess, Clue, etc.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

whittle a spoon.. whittle a musical instrument.. make rope out of bark.. start fires with flint and steel.. start fires with only a piece of cord.. Identify plants.. make alcohol stoves out of pop cans.
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Bottle Toss. Take a disposable water bottle you don't care about destroying, fill it with water to your taste for weight and throw back and forth. Leave the cap a little loose or it will blow off. Very fun in a forest where you can bounce it off of trees and stuff.

snipe hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Thanks folks. We are wandering a bit. Games/activities IN the tent and my tent has a floor so no fires and I don't let sniped in. Yes, I have taught many a kid how to do a flint and steel fire and I have hunted many a snipe. All great fun...just not in a tent.
    Life is Good

Mafia is a lot of fun and I forgot about Nertz. I have not tried the bottle toss. Knowing my kids, someone's going to get hurt. Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming!
    Life is Good

Games with several kids? The silence game... first one to talk loses.

Quote Originally Posted by tcope View Post
    Games with several kids? The silence game... first one to talk loses.
    My favorite in-the-car game. My teenagers stink at it however.
    Life is Good

i thought the first post said, in-camp or in-tent games. i guess hide and seek gets ruled out.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    the oldest being 16 youngest is 8.:
    Wow, you've got 9 kids!?!? (I've heard about you Mormons...)

We're all big on card games - rummy, cheat, Newmarket (aka Boodle, Stops or Michigan) that kind of thing. All easy to play with just a deck of cards. Another good game that can be played in a tabletop size area is Rummikub.

In scouts we used to play a game we called Rambo. It was sort of like reverse hide-n-seek ‘cause only one person hides and the rest seek him out. And it was like steal the flag ‘cause if the hiding person was able to steal a flag hung in camp he wins. And it was an elimination game ‘cause everyone playing would wear a flag (a sock hung from the belt) and if your flag got pulled you were out until the next game.
    Rambo would go hide, and hope to ‘kill’ his seekers and then the town by pulling their flags before they pulled his.
    Hours of fun.

I am probably not much help here. I usually play poker or we bring throwing knives when we are bored or waiting out a storm. We found some horse shoes in Grand Daddy this year. We played those at camp.

Camp games with my friends, rain or not, usually involve alcohol and a rickety old Huffy mountain bike. Probably not appropriate for a family with kids.
    Blog | FB

Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    Camp games with my friends, rain or not, usually involve alcohol and a rickety old Huffy mountain bike. Probably not appropriate for a family with kids.
    Probably not... but I want to see the video
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    Sounds a bit like Don, except on a cruiser bike...

I have made leather stuff while camping. It passes the time and then you also have a new belt!
    The man thong is wrong.

Logs is a fun game. At least that's what we call it. How it's played is you form four long logs into a square. Then each person playing gets on the logs. The object is to knock all the others off the logs (once off, you're out of the game), and become the last one on the logs. Of course, there's potential for injury in this game, but in all the times I've been involved I've never seen anything serious happen.

Camp Games

Here are some in-tent, rainy day camp games:

Baby Food Roulette
    Six or more participants (works better if you don't tell them what they are in for). Have the jars of baby food in a sack or box so the players can't see them. Have them stand in a circle and pass a spoon while music plays (like hot potato). When the music stops, have the loser blindly pick out a jar of baby food and take a big bite. The grosser the flavor the better. Continue until there is only one person left in the game. Works well at large group events.

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]Alphabet Letters
    When the leader calls out a letter, the participants must form that letter using their bodies.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma][FONT=Times New Roman]Balloon Baseball
    Players are divided into two teams. Each team designates a pitcher who pitches to his own team. Each batter gets two pitches to hit a balloon with his fist. If the ball is hit, the fielding team tries to blow the balloon to the ground before the batter runs around the bases. If they do not, a run is scored. Play continues until everyone on the batting team has been "up to bat". Then, the inning is over and teams switch places. The game continues for a specified number of innings.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]Celebrity Heads
    [COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]One child is selected at a time, and this child tries to guess
    Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow