Thread: King's Peak via Red Castle

King's Peak via Red Castle

I was going to go solo but my wife aint to happy about it, so...
    I am looking for a partner for this trip this week. I am leaving Thursday afternoon. the plan is to hike to Lower Red Castle Thursday night, bag the peak on friday, hike to one of the lakes in the Henry's Fork (maybe Bear Lake), and then hike back to China Meadows Saturday.

Any takers?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Would love to but I just got back from a 10 day vacation. I would stop at Bear Lake if given the chance. Great fishing.

I caught these at Bear Lake a few years back.

nice fish ! I will certainly take my fishing gear. thanks.

I have thought several times about taking this route. Given I am down with a sever sprain for 8 weeks I would love to here how this route turned out. Maybe next summer ugg !
    Paul French
    pfrench.net

If me and my wife were not already heading to the Uintas this week, I would be down.

great trip. I did it solo and it was fantastic. This was the week of the raging thunder storms which made things interesting. I got to Red Castle about 10:30 pm after 3.5 hours on the trail. But I missed the rain, hail and thunder/lightning. On day 2 I got going later than I wanted to (about 9am) but the hike from Red Castle to the pass was pretty easy. I cross countried the basin and got 2/3 of the way up the pass right beneath Kings when the heavens opened and hail, snow, rain, lightning and thunder all broke loose. I hurried up and over and then came down the chute just off the top. It drops about 1100 feet in about 1/2 mile and with the wet conditions it was an adventure. I corss countied to the trail and ended up camping at Bear Lake. day 2 was about 15 miles, rough, but enjoyable. day 3 I tool the Highline trail back to the China Meadows/Red Castle trail and out to the car by 1 pm.

I need to summit so I wll be back.