Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Piranha or BD ATC-XP?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlizzy View Post
    ...(See Sarah, see Sarah rap into the forest of pungent buddleia and elder trees, see Sarah swear, swear Sarah, swear)...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There is also Sterling Ropes new rap device, the "ATS"Name:  Sterling--ATS..jpg
Views: 640
Size:  84.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlizzy View Post
    Primary colours are where hair is at.

Just sayin'
    Not to derail this thread, but yes, chicks with primary color hair have a soft spot in my heart.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave Silence View Post
    Oh I like the nice big horns on the top. Might have to give this one a go next year. I'm going to turn into a hardware junky like Ice I fear.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

I haven't seen that before. Don't see it at the Sterling site. No product site link?

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I haven't seen that before. Don't see it at the Sterling site. No product site link?
    I found the info on Sterling Ropes Facebook page. Its going to debut at Sterlings booth at the Outdoor Retailers show in Salt Lake next week, (Aug 3-6) and will be available retail through Sterling and Alpine Training Services following the show.

I found the info on Sterling Ropes Facebook page. Its going to debut at Sterlings booth at the Outdoor Retailers show in Salt Lake next week, (Aug 3-6) and will be available retail through Sterling and Alpine Training Services following the show.
    Cool - never been to their page. It looks like a Pirana in use. And I discover at the same time that there's now a 5.9 route all the way to the top of The Chief, in Squamish. Going to have to get back into climbing again...

Munters are great for a quick "wet disconnect" as well, and they twist a rope about as much as a piranah. ATC's work great and my choice; easy to tie off (haven't yet had a reason to tie off while doing a canyon), easy to add friction on the fly (pull harder on the brake hand), light, inexpensive and long lasting. Need to replace an inexpensive karabiner periodically though. But, But, But...here is what I'd like to try one of these days in a canyon .....Big Bucks though for the Ti!

http://www.scarabrescue.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    Munters are great for a quick "wet disconnect" as well, and they twist a rope about as much as a piranah. ATC's work great and my choice; easy to tie off (haven't yet had a reason to tie off while doing a canyon), easy to add friction on the fly (pull harder on the brake hand), light, inexpensive and long lasting. Need to replace an inexpensive karabiner periodically though. But, But, But...here is what I'd like to try one of these days in a canyon .....Big Bucks though for the Ti!

http://www.scarabrescue.com/

Looks cool but yeah, pricey!

That Scarab does look cool. Guess could always go with the steel for $100 less and be stronger. Well, that's what I try to tell myself when I have to carry heavy stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Not to derail this thread, but yes, chicks with primary color hair have a soft spot in my heart.
    Pink and Blue!

Alright so back on the original subject (but not as cool as the Anime 'blue' video), I did pick up an ATC-XP at a local shop today. Might get to play with it tomorrow.

I have typically always used an ATC-XP. I have one son who swears by the Piranha. I have another son who prefers the standard figure 8. We have each tried each others, and conclude that we are happy with our orignal choices. To each his own....
    Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow

Why can't you reply with quote and have the picture come along? Anyways did anyone see the ATS device at the outdoor show? Has anyone got one yet? Looks cool.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    [QUOTE=moab mark;411399]
Size:  84.1 KB[/]

Why can't you reply with quote and have the picture come along? Anyways did anyone see the ATS device at the outdoor show? Has anyone got one yet? Looks cool.
    Looks pretty good. I'll be checking it out in a few canyons over the next couple of days.

Tom

Does anyone know where to buy one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Does anyone know where to buy one yet?
    When they become available, I am thinking I will have them as soon as anybody else.

Tom

They look pretty cool but are they related to these guys?? ATS I hope not!!

Oops, it has their name right on it, didn't notice it the first time.
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Quote Originally Posted by Pelon1 View Post
    They look pretty cool but are they related to these guys?? ATS I hope not!!

Oops, it has their name right on it, didn't notice it the first time.
    Yes, and the name is intended as a pun, for those in the know.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    When they become available, I am thinking I will have them as soon as anybody else.

Tom
    Put me on the list.

I've used an ATC-XP almost exclusively, and really like it, though I've found that there isn't a way to add friction mid-rappel. Looking at this thread and others like it has alerted me to other options. That Sterling ATS device looks awesome. I've been drooling over it for a little while now.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

piranha vs atc

atc xp vs pirana

atc vs piranna

descender piranha

best atc for canyoneering