Thread: Mine Explorer Here...

Mine Explorer Here...

Howdy,

I've been a member of this forum for almost two years now, but I am just finally getting around to introducing myself. My name is Stuart Burgess and I am a professional abandoned mine explorer and as such I am completely addicted to SRT and the underground world. I co-founded Mojave Underground with Michael Capps and my then fiancee Crystal Burgess in 2007, since then our little group has exploded into the national scene and we now collaborate on many abandoned mine related projects with other groups allover the country. I love to explore ghost towns, abandoned mines, caves, and pretty much everywhere else that is underground. I live in Spanish Fork Utah and spend most of my time here or in Nevada. I am planning on beginning to write trip reports of all my crazy adventures and posting them on here.

Love the Bogley forum and follow it often.

Happy exploring!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool! Thanks for the intro, and a belated welcome to bogley!

Welcome! Great to have ya. My Dad likes exploring old mines on the side as well. However not professionally. I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    How exciting. Can't wait for your reports.
    Chere'

Looking forward to reading your reports as well! Welcome!

Welcome to the site.

I have used Mojave Underground to get beta on a few different sites for some of my photo journeys.

Nice man! Welcome to the site, looking forward to some trip reports. And if you need any "help" exploring some mines or caves in the southern Utah area.... Ya know like a rope monkey or such, let me know. These cavers are such a secretive lot, I've been having trouble trouble finding anyone besides Kyle Voyles and Jon Jasper that actually even explores stuff out here.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Wow Summit those are some great photos, looks like the Kaiser Mine change room and the Silver King Mill. Awesome HDR, looks like we may need to collaborate on some photo/video shoots! Ive got an abundant list of excellent places to shoot and lightpaint if you are into that sorta thing.

Deathcricket I can always use more ropemonkeys! I don't do a whole lot of stuff way down in SO Utah, but I am often down in the Millford area, perhaps we could meet in the middle? Just dropped 1600' down a mine shaft out there last month, what an adventure that was. One of these days I will write a TR about that crazy experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuartx09 View Post
    Deathcricket I can always use more ropemonkeys! I don't do a whole lot of stuff way down in SO Utah, but I am often down in the Millford area, perhaps we could meet in the middle? Just dropped 1600' down a mine shaft out there last month, what an adventure that was. One of these days I will write a TR about that crazy experience.
    Oh for sure! Send me a PM anytime. 1600 feet is crazy! My longest is 280 feet and it was a canyon not a mine shaft. Looking forward to your trip report.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Welcome Stu