Thread: Mojave Underground TV

Mojave Underground TV

Attention ladies and gentlemen, announcing your latest source for weekly videos about ghost town, abandoned mine, and cave exploration in the American West: Mojave Underground TV!

Our three latest episodes:

Pink Lime Pit: Cave Adventure

Searching for Susan Powell in mine shafts:

Exploring the ghost town of Standardville, Utah:

You can view all the other episodes here: http://www.mojaveunderground.tv

We love the Bogley community and welcome all feedback and commentary. MUTV is a non-profit venture and is produced solely with our free time and personal funds.

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mojaveunderground.tv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sweet! I love old ghost towns. The Standardville episode is awesome! Great info on the history.
    The man thong is wrong.

Thank you, Ive really learned a ton about some of these sites as we have researched them and then got out to shoot places I may not ordinarily go. If you ever get the chance make sure you check out Standardville in person, its an awesome site.

Nice vids! I see you have incorporated the Petzl STOP into your arsenal. Thought I was the only one here who was rocking that. Bummer the first mine was full of CO2. Hopefully you got a chance to go back and visit it later.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Yes I love the Petzl STOP, my reasoning for using it in mine shafts is because of rockfall. In every shaft I have been in there are loose rocks just waiting to fall or I have actually witnessed them fly within inches of my head, if one were to hit me and knock me unconscious on rack style descender...boom I continue to descend at an ever quickening pace and fall to the end of my rope, which may be in water or bad air or a den of angry cougars. With the STOP I have reasonable faith that in such an event on a large enough diameter rope I would stay exactly where I was hit making a rescue easier. Only downside to the STOP I have found is heat, if you drop anything over 300' or descend quickly it melts glazes rope like crazy.