Thread: The Maze Trip Report

The Maze Trip Report

We dropped into the sneak route of the Maze Saturday and had a great time. The entry rap was only around 100 ft on a slanted slab that made it real easy to reach the water course. The canyon was hot and humid but we made the best of it. The water was a little low compared to other times down. the water was down about 2 feet but there was still plenty of swims. we had on shorty suites and were more then comfortable.

The sneak rout starts at the upper part of the middle of the canyon so you get to drop in just in time for all the bushwacking. All the anchors were in great shape and most of the webbing was still quite supple. on the 22nd and 23rd rap we added some webbing just to fix up the achors a little bit. The last drop needed a little more webbing but all in all it was a really fun day. It took us a total of 13 hours from truck to truck and we had a very relaxing day. Here are some pics of how the day went. sorry about the resolution but for some reason when i make these little movies it kills the quality. if you want the full pic just let me know and i can send it to you.

IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice!!! It looks like you guys had a great time, and thanks for sharing.

Awesome trip report. Can you share where this is?

Thanks for the TR it's going to be like 115 this weekend but i'm still going to try do the canyon
    Don`t be afraid your life will end be afraid it will never begin fear is the thief of all dreams...

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by remoteman45 View Post
    Awesome trip report. Can you share where this is?
    It is in the Red Rocks area, just north and west of Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.

Tom

pubalz i i brought 5 liters of water and it was all gone by the hike out so bring a filter and save yourself the weight. If you want u can use our entry rap into the canyon our webbing should still be there. we were planning on going back up and cleaning it up but haven't had a chance to yet. I would pospone it until another rain storm it was not as fun with the water being down so low. But if you go good luck it will be way hot. no need for wet suits this weekend.
    P.S. In my opinion you can easly do the top half of the canyon and climb out where we entered. It will take just a couple of moves to get out maybe a few cams our something but not hard. I am thinking about it later this year when it fills up with water. It would make for a great class C in the spring. I was up there a couple of years ago in march and there was atleast 5 to10 CFS running down the upper canyon. Might be worth looking into.
    IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!