Thread: Quick trip up Needle Peak, BC

Quick trip up Needle Peak, BC

I did a quick trip up Needle Peak, here in southwest British Columbia, this morning.

We're staying at Harrison Hot Springs Resort, about 2 hours drive from home, for the week. I took this morning off from the lounging, relaxing and frolicking, in order to go on a short hike. It's about an hour from the resort. Starts at 3900 feet, climbs to 6900 feet. Starts in the trees, steeply up to a ridge. Ridge walking with short scramble steps. Slightly spicy scramble up short grooves and chimneys near the top. Total: 2.5 hours up, just over an hour eating and napping on the top, and 2 hours back down.

I'll try one of those slideshow things:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000 View Post
    That's almost as good as James' waterfall photo. Seriously though, it looks like a good hike/scramble.
    Blog | FB

Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    That's almost as good as James' waterfall photo. Seriously though, it looks like a good hike/scramble.
    Heh - had to make sure to keep my belly out of it... Don't usually drink in the shower, but this one is big enough - it's like another room.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000 View Post
    Heh - had to make sure to keep my belly out of it... Don't usually drink in the shower, but this one is big enough - it's like another room.
    The real issue is how often you bring a camera into the shower.

WOW!!!!!! That part of the world is just fantastic. Last time I was there we did not stay @ the Resort, not even hardly. Would make for a great week. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    The real issue is how often you bring a camera into the shower.
    Yeah, I think this may have been the first time. Had to document the high quality shower, don't you know! And I thought the cold beer / fancy shower combo was tough to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    WOW!!!!!! That part of the world is just fantastic. Last time I was there we did not stay @ the Resort, not even hardly. Would make for a great week. Thanks for sharing.
    Beautiful place, for sure. You've spent time up here? There's great camping around, but we've been spending a few days here every summer forever. Started with 2 nights in the cheapest rooms, but now we're up to 4 nights in the best suites. Tastes change, eh? But I still have to get away for a hike...

Taste have not changed much, my ability to satisfy my taste has though....

The back seat was what I could afford last time I was there. Worked out ok. Would love to spend a week or 2 going from Seattle to Banff

My boy likes this one. Are these taken with an iPhone 4? The pix are amazing...