Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313 View Post
    Nice to know I am still loved.......
    Always!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Don't do it. They think that way because of testosterone and we all know what a disturbing chemical that is...
    And Spooky. You are new, but you are growing on me.

(This is said with great caution since I know what that statement does to the boys.)

Bogley BigShot
    Summary of everyone from everywhere I posted.....
    1. Too busy: excess text, pictures too small or not enough of them, no basic Zion introduction (like starting in Chapter 8 assuming everyone knows Zion). Suggest limiting text, tabs and links. Too many links or/and links and some buttons identical.
    2. Lacking the fun element - its boring. Hmmm.. .what to do here!?!?! Help!
    3. Increase contrast: text size, darker color, say the men, keep it the same say the females. Define the east side entrance as just one entrance.
    4. Loose the slimy snail (even though its the infamous Zion snail)
    5. The logo is lost - make is stand out say all the men and one female. Other females like it.
    Would love suggestions on how to make it fun. Will work on the rest while balancing keeping it ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    And Spooky. You are new, but you are growing on me.

(This is said with great caution since I know what that statement does to the boys.)

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Question since this is the purpose, does it draw the eye and traffic enough to your lodging.

Bogley BigShot
    Very Observant.....

But!

Those pesky search engine gods must be appeased if I want to be found in more places than lodging, and its is a huge and helpful site that covers just about everything on Zion, so .... although I have to rent hotel rooms for a living, its all the other stuff that I, google and you love and when the Tbird is sold, the lodging will be removed and just the other stuff will remain. :)

I would perfer to not have anything commercial at all on it, so the little that is there I TRY and keep subtle.

So ... balance.... is everything. I hope I have it.

I made some changes and still working on it.

Okay, here is a search engine question I have wanted to ask for years: will search engines find text that is the same color as the background? See where I'm going with this? Hidden from human view, but still appeasing SEO?

Bogley BigShot
    Hi Richard.... They use to read it. Now they just consider it spam.

Not quite done yet. Love Heathers (from the Zion group) Logo! That is just a rough copy she sent me to choose from on there now
    Hit Refresh.... let me know what you think.
    http://www.zion-national-park.org/

Those pesky search engine gods must be appeased if I want to be found in more places than lodging, and its is a huge and helpful site that covers just about everything on Zion, so .... although I have to rent hotel rooms for a living, its all the other stuff that I, google and you love and when the Tbird is sold, the lodging will be removed and just the other stuff will remain. :)

I would perfer to not have anything commercial at all on it, so the little that is there I TRY and keep subtle.
    So, when are we having a bogley/canyons gathering at the Tbird?

PS, am I reading this right in that the place will be sold? Is this bad news?

Bogley BigShot
    Good Question....... Been gone from the Tbird for 2 years, but we might sell it, yes. But we want a big price tag.... so not for a while.

Bogley BigShot
    I offered everyone staying at the big rental house once, but most wanted to be in Springdale, so that's what we did.

I find the site a bit tricky to navigate. You've got some great photos and good hike descriptions, but they're hard to find.

Bogley BigShot
    How so? I have heard that before? Are you looking at the site as if you were a tourist that has never visited Zion? What can I do to fix it?

There is a link on top for hiking. Keep in mind that the average person going to visit Zion NP is not going for hiking or canyoneering. They want to know general info about the park. Next they want to know where to stay, then a few might want to know some hikes and see some photos. Almost none care about canyoneering. There are links on top that do take them to all the hiking in Zion, links on the side that let them know about nearby parks like Bryce. A lot of my target audience will visit Zion, Bryce and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon in a 3 day trip.

How so? I have heard that before? Are you looking at the site as if you were a tourist that has never visited Zion? What can I do to fix it?

Good question. It's a lot easier for someone to tell you they don't like something than it is for them to say why they don't like it. Your question definitely got me thinking. It's also a lot harder to fix something.

The new layout with the main page and a small sidebar looks great. The old layout with 3 columns is busy and tough to read. I find my eyes bouncing all over the page instead of establishing a flow.

Navigating the site, I can see a few more links as being helpful. For example, you mention in your hiking Zion section the Kolob Area of the park. A link there to a list of your Kolob Trails would certainly help. Add other internal links as necessary.

Also, better maps of the park would help. The regional one is fine, but if I'm coming to Zion for the first time, I'd want a better look at the roads and trails within Zion.

Bogley BigShot
    Excellent!

All things that do need to be done!

Thank You!

I have given you feedback in another thread a couple years ago it seems. Overall it is a major improvement. Kudos.

Once you put a prominent link to Bogley on ever page it will get an A+ in my book.

Bogley BigShot
    Ha ha... you are funny Scott. I will work on it.

Where would I find that old thread?

Ha ha... you are funny Scott. I will work on it.

Where would I find that old thread?
    Hmmm. I'll have to dig and see if I can find it.

Bogley BigShot
    Actually - Quit working on it for a long time, then just started again. It has needed work. lol