Thread: Upper UPPER Das Boot

Upper UPPER Das Boot

Kelsey's book shows an additional section of canyon above the normal Das Boot entrance on climb-utah and tom's page. Anyone does this recently? Is it worth the effort? This upper section had 5 more rappels.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I think it is called the full left fork.....
    Life is Good

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    I think it is called the full left fork.....
    Yes, that would be the Full Left Fork. Good when it is very full. Perhaps hazardous when it is flowing. I only did it once, in July, and it was truly awful. Hot, stinky, ugly. When I got to the start of Das Boot, I exited.

so, unlikely to be good now. Possibly good in the spring before it gets too hot, and when it is full of water.

Tom

thanks, i was looking for a reason to skip it

I did it years ago with Ram. Not the most technical adventure in the area but a beautiful extension of the entire drainage. Can definitely be hot but we found a ton of pools and most were clean.

When I did it, it was as good as the lower das boot. I certainly don't see any reason to skip it, unless perhaps it's flowing. But in that case I don't think it would be any riskier than the normal das boot.

Nat

I've done it a couple times. It's actually on my top 10 list if you do the full left out the Subway although it's a very long day. Entering from hammerhead is better than doing Kelsey's entrance. It would suck if it were hot and not full of water (how it was when Tom did it) but when it's full of water it's REALLY good! The upper narrows is as good as Das Boot as Nat said and the middle section has many very long scenic swims. Normally May is the time to do it, not sure how it would be in July.