Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coyote Buttes North Permit Lottery (The Wave)

yeah, poaching without a permit is lame. and just makes the system even worse. not cool.

walk ins are possible, just need to go in the off season, like november-early march, and not on weekends.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

yea we would be like a early weekday in late october. But obviously wouldnt want to get fined. anyone know how much fines are so i can maybe convince them not to do it. id rather not pay the extra money for no reason.

Alright well i conviinced them to do the lottery. But it seems they may make an attempt anyways if they get it or not. Since we only have one vehicle i might get forced into this half ass trickery either way.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    forced?
    It would be a unique picture of The Wave to see someone being carried into it lashed to pole by hands and feet!
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Well maybe not forced. But I won't have anywhere else to go. We will only have one vehicle for the four of us as were driving through. So either way I will be sitting in the for all day or I will have to go with them. Not like hey can go drop me off somewhere else in the middle of the desert. Well I guess they could. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tubedae86 View Post
    Well maybe not forced. But I won't have anywhere else to go. We will only have one vehicle for the four of us as were driving through. So either way I will be sitting in the for all day or I will have to go with them. Not like hey can go drop me off somewhere else in the middle of the desert. Well I guess they could. Lol
    There is a lot to do out in that area. Drop them off at the trailhead and let them know what time you will be back to pick them up - they can sit an wait.

Integrity is what you do when no one is looking.

My last hike was to the Wave. I have been out there three times and I can't wait to get back out there again. It is a beautiful place.

Here is some pictures of my last trip:

http://tinyurl.com/27c3z9b
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

If you all are going to the Wirepass TH, you could always hike the Wirepass narrows and even on into Buckskin. You could also veer south out of Wirepass before it narrows up and traipse about the slickrock and check out Buckskin from above. Per Kelsey, you'd not be in the permit area and could pleasantly enjoy some interesting terrain and be fear-of-fine free.

also does anyone know if mid week in october has any better chances to get in?

versus what? weekend? you never know how it will play out. somedays no one shows up, and you are in. somedays 40 people show up and they do a lottery.

obviously, mid-week will likely have better odds.

I was out to Coyote Buttes North on Monday. We talked to a young man from Switzerland that said there were at least 35 people in line for the 10 permits. He got only one and had to leave his GF behind. We got there early and took a lot of photos and were ready to leave when a lot of people showed up, mostly foreign. One fellow passed me and said "Wow, another American". My friend Marcy,that had the permits, ran into a German couple that was in the lottery 5 days and did not get a permit!!

Win

Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

I just checked online and there are 7 singles for January, if anyone is interested they will probably go quick!!
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

We were just down there last weekend, thought we'd take a chance.... there were 81 people for 10 permits! Needless to say, we were not that lucky.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost