Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your 4th Weekend Plans?

What are your 4th Weekend Plans?

I am taking two days on the other side of the holiday for some R&R in the Bear Lake area. I'll be boating on Tuesday of next week. I have a few plans in the valley so I wont be leaving until Monday to head out of town. Prolly the opposite for most.

Who has plans and where, what, when?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I still haven't nailed down any plans yet....I better get on that :)
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

early sat morning going to a bike ride, annual 4th ride with the bro in laws, followed by some swimming and a barb-que on sat, some fireworks then sundsy going to take the waverunners out early am and ride for a bit then relax.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Saturday Night We'll be at Rocky Mountain Raceway for the Supermodifed race.

Floating Snake river in Wyoming

Saturday, I'm probably going to go for a 4-wheeler ride/hike in the mountains with my wife and kids. Sunday, BBQ/party with the family. Monday, not sure yet.
    Blog | FB

I will be trying to run two water/aid stations in the Provo 5/10k race on Monday morning prior to the parade. Need volunteers. Anyone want to help? Let me know if you do. Free running shirt for your time.
    Life is Good

We are headed to Mt Pleasant with friends. I have never been there before. Anyone know of a good place to take a little hike or to do a little fishing with the kids?

Escalante river and Death Hollow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    We are headed to Mt Pleasant with friends. I have never been there before. Anyone know of a good place to take a little hike or to do a little fishing with the kids?
    Fairview Canyon. Many lakes to fish up there. BTW, the Home Plate Cafe in Fairview has really good pie ala mode. The little nine hole golf course in Mt. Pleasant is not too bad. Pretty straight forward course if you need to burn a couple of hours.
    Life is Good

Blog Entries
    Nice, everyone seems to be heading to the outdoors.

I got the kaysville parade with nieces and nephews for the only water parade in Utah. After my friends are trying out the iFly in Ogden and then heading to Adams Canyon to rap the lower falls (and teach my older sister how do go down a waterfall). After that we got a BBQ and sand volleyball at the park and then fireworks of course. Busy day!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I'm gonna DESTROY something!
    Then I'm gonna CREATE something!
    *lending equal fervor to both endeavors*

I'm gonna climb a 10,000 ft mountain.
    Cook at least one notably excellent gourmet meal.
    Hang with my kids (& possibly their friends).
    Do some housework (getting a good portion of it out of the way 2-night & 2-morrow).
    And some "other" stuff.

Try to make time for a visit with ZionSiren - hanging out in the pool spounds FUN! ;)
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

I'm gonna lay by the pool in my backyard and let my foot heal so I can try weight bearing next week.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

I'll be spending the week of the 4th in Oceanside CA with my family in a cottage on the beach. We'll be kayaking, swimming, boogie-boarding, lounging, BBQing, making a trip to Sea World... keeping the baby from constantly putting sand in his mouth, changing sandy diapers, putting aloe vera onto sunburns...

Trying to find someone to go river boarding with tomorrow... Sunday running a fun 5k that's right by my house, and hopefully grilling something! Not sure about Monday, that whole long-range planning thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    Yeah, Fairview Canyon is a good bet. If you can make it up to Miller Flat Reservoir, fish right at the inlet. Potter's Ponds are also up in there and good fishing most of the time. A good close place to Mt. Pleasant, if you go a bit further south and up Manti Canyon, is Yearns Reservoir. It's just a little reservoir tucked up in there, but I always seem to catch fish whenever I go and it's a great place for kids to catch fish. If you're there at twilight, the bats come out and swoop over the lake to catch the mosquitoes.

Well I had my second shoulder surgery on Tuesday, to remove scar tissue that was holding things up. So I'm going to be doing a lot of home therapy exercises. I'm hoping to get out and do some fun things as well though. Maybe since it's cooling down, we'll head over to the Vernon Hills for some rock collecting. I was thinking of going to one of the local Lion's Club breakfasts this morning, but I don't know if I'm going to get the wife out of bed. We just saw fireworks last Saturday at the Taylorsville celebration, so I don't feel a big need to fight the crowds for that.

just sliding by:

Name:  boone july 2010 0&#5.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  106.6 KB

awesome, where is that?!

I ended up running in a 5k that's right by my house every 4th of July. Then went riverboarding down Brown's Canyon. *So* much fun! One of these times I'll try to get a pic and post it.