Thread: Most Fun Off SR9 Without a Permit?

Most Fun Off SR9 Without a Permit?

Birch Hollow, what a blast!

Highlights include:

• Meeting fun people in the parking lot who take awesome photos
    • Hitching a lift on a unimog
    • Randomly having someone ask, "Are you Sarahlizzy?"
    • Surprise 4WD road to saunter back up at the end
    • Moo cows!
    • Rapid fire raps to drop into Orderville
    • No permits!

Also, thanks to the rope handling tips that Tom showed us on Tuesday, we now find ourselves completing the canyon in the time it suggests in the beta, and also catching up to people who've been doing canyons far longer than we have.

A+++, would descend again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlizzy View Post
    Randomly having someone ask, "Are you Sarahlizzy?"
    To be fair, that tends to happen everywhere - Permit Queues, random shops in St.George, (OK, it was Bo's place, so not quite random) canyons... pretty much every damned canyon we go in, actually...

Trip Report addendum: We went to Thai Sapa near the Springdale entrance to the park afterwards. The service was straight out of an episode of Fawlty Towers, the food was mediocre, and the bill was just unreasonable. The other three were entirely too British to complain, so I got the pleasure of defending our 8% tip to the waitress who had the gall to complain about it.

You seemed to have the situation in hand

Sounds like good times! Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by SaraMG View Post
    Trip Report addendum: We went to Thai Sapa near the Springdale entrance to the park afterwards. The service was straight out of an episode of Fawlty Towers, the food was mediocre, and the bill was just unreasonable. The other three were entirely too British to complain, so I got the pleasure of defending our 8% tip to the waitress who had the gall to complain about it.
    I had a similarly bad time there in May. But it sounds like it hasn't exactly spoiled your fun, eh
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

I think that when Don and I went to Thai Sapa last fall, we were drunk enough to enjoy the food, tolerate the service, and happily pay the bill.

The Unimog?

Did Birch Hollow last fall - beautiful trip! Glad you had fun! So, like, are you going to upload all the photos when you get back from the trip?

Photos will follow when we get back home, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen View Post
    I had a similarly bad time there in May. But it sounds like it hasn't exactly spoiled your fun, eh
    Nah, just sharing a thumbs down for the restaurant since I misplaced my Yelp login. Zion and all its lovely canyons have been... lovely!