Thread: Behunin Canyon Thank You

Behunin Canyon Thank You

Not yet a trip report, but a big thank you from all of us - Myself, Sarahlizzy, Sylvia and Andrea - to Tom for taking us down Behunin Canyon on Tuesday. It was quite a learning experience and hopefully based on what he taught us we'll soon lose our reputation for being really slow :-)

Proper photos to follow once we have better IT facilities, but here's one of Tom on one of the later raps:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Thanks Zoe. Great day out in a marvelous canyon. That's a nice shot - would you send a full-size to my gmail address?

Tom

Blog Entries
    What was your time from trailhead to finish?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    What was your time from trailhead to finish?
    I'm not sure of our exact start time, but I think it was about 0845-0900 local, by my GPS we were up at Scouts Lookout at 1015 and turned off the West Rim Trail around 1130. We were back at the Museum stop between 2000 and 2015, so I'd guess we must have hit the Lodge some time just before 2000 - around 10 hours in total, of which we were moving for around 8-9.

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Thanks Zoe. Great day out in a marvelous canyon. That's a nice shot - would you send a full-size to my gmail address?
    Sent - let me know if you don't get it.

thanks. got it.

Doing Englestead with Tom last year was one of the best learning experiences I've ever had canyoneering. I hope you ladies absorbed half of what he taught you, I only kept 10%, hehe. The guy is a literal fountain of knowledge.

Also glad you ladies are having a good time over here on your yearly trip. I look forward to hearing about it. We enjoy visitors from "over the pond".
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Doing Englestead with Tom last year was one of the best learning experiences I've ever had canyoneering. I hope you ladies absorbed half of what he taught you, I only kept 10%, hehe. The guy is a literal fountain of knowledge.

Also glad you ladies are having a good time over here on your yearly trip. I look forward to hearing about it. We enjoy visitors from "over the pond".
    X2! Tom was a great canyon teacher/partner. He is rough on the interwebz but a super nice and patient guy in the canyon.

Thanks again for last year Tommy! Can I call you Tommy since we have been through a canyon together?
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    X2! Tom was a great canyon teacher/partner. He is rough on the interwebz but a super nice and patient guy in the canyon.

Thanks again for last year Tommy! Can I call you Tommy since we have been through a canyon together?
    No.

Yeah, he prefers "Nolan"...

Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    No.

haha bummer
    The man thong is wrong.