Thread: Echo conditions?

Echo conditions?

Anyone know what Echo is liek this year? I've got a buddy coming down who's new to Zion canyons so I thought we would do the Echo/Pine combo platter. But I am NOT interested in ice climbing or freezing my generous ass off.

Also whats the dealio with the pine access? Do you have to get dropped-off? Is the entire road closed, like would Misery be out of the question as well?
    Thanks!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Echo is still closed... not sure when the NPS plans to open it up and start issuing permits.

The backcountry desk showed us photos of some 6 - 10 foot tall snowdrifts in Echo when we were getting permits for another canyon this past weekend. Probably a no-go.

As for Pine Creek the way I understand it is that it is only open weekends to minimize traffic congestion on the road. The road is open 7 days a week, but expect delays mid-week when they are doing road work. Fat Man's should not be an issue, but assume a little traffic delay if coming up from Springdale.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdiy View Post
    As for Pine Creek the way I understand it is that it is only open weekends to minimize traffic congestion on the road. The road is open 7 days a week, but expect delays mid-week when they are doing road work.
    I'm guessing this all just changed Monday with regards to permits.... If I understand it correctly they are now only going to work on the road at night and it will be open during the day.

More on the changes in the Hiking Section: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?39662