Thread: Ride from Wheeler Creek up to Snow Basin Sunday 19th

Ride from Wheeler Creek up to Snow Basin Sunday 19th

I was hoping to get a good long ride in tommorrow (the 19th) maybe starting at Wheeler and going up to Last Chance and... But I don't know how the trail is up there, has anyone been up this week since the monsoons retreated? And of course anyone who wants to can join us.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Shoot, that sounds like a great ride. I've yet to hit most of the trails up there; I have made it to Mueller Park, Wimmer's, and Lambert Park though recently. I've got plans to hit the Rail Trail with the family this Sunday or I'd be there. Would love to here about the ride and trail conditions afterward though. Have a good one.

I rode up there on Friday and it was still muddy above Art Nord. You could ride to the side of it or through it, but I turned around so I didn't tear up the trail. Those trails used to be smooth and tight, now they are rough, rocky and wide because people ride their horses and bikes through the mud. Give it another week of hot weather.

Did you end up going on this ride Sunday? If so, how was it? I may try and get up there this weekend.

We actually rode up to Lewis Peak instead. It was in really good shape (as much as that trail can be) all of the way up and was a heck of a workout doing that much of a sustained climb for the first time this year. Hardly saw anyone else all day too so apparently we were the only ones dumb enough to do it in the middle of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by mxerhale View Post
    We actually rode up to Lewis Peak instead. It was in really good shape (as much as that trail can be) all of the way up and was a heck of a workout doing that much of a sustained climb for the first time this year. Hardly saw anyone else all day too so apparently we were the only ones dumb enough to do it in the middle of the day!
    Where did you ride from, the Pineview side? I've been up it on horses, but I hear it's a helluva climb. I'm thinking of hiking that soon, but from the North Ogden side.

We started at Windsurf Beach, and it is most definitely a helluva climb! Just under 2 hours of 7% (average) climbing, luckily it was in the 80s most of the way to keep my legs nice and warm.

Sounds brutal. I may have to try that one by myself first, to avoid major embarassment.

lewis is awesome, I try to ride it a couple of times a year from the pineview side. just cant stand all the snakes in the mid summer. Definently a tuff climb but some awesome views up top.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.