Thread: I-15 slow downs ?

I-15 slow downs ?

heading up to montana july 3. wondering where the construction zones are that'll slow me down thru utah, and beyond if known ? would teh 215 be a better option to bypass the 15 thru slc ?
    signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There is I-15 construction in Provo, Sandy and North Salt Lake.... but none of those are really a problem unless you come through at rush hour (which is always a problem). I-215 and the new Legacy Highway would only avoid the North Salt Lake construction.... you are pretty much stuck dealing with the rest....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    There is I-15 construction in Provo, Sandy and North Salt Lake....
    I-15 from Spanish Fork to Point of the Mtn is a construction zone. Rush hour going either direction can be a nightmare.

Legacy Highway is a prettier ride, anyway. Have fun in Montana. I lived in Missoula for a few years and loved it there.

thanks for the info all. i'll be coming thru mid afternnon-ish on weekends so i should be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Legacy Highway is a prettier ride, anyway. Have fun in Montana. I lived in Missoula for a few years and loved it there.
    you ever get up into the mission mountains ? looks like a lovely area. heading into the beartooths this time tho'.
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by goofball View Post
    you ever get up into the mission mountains ? looks like a lovely area. heading into the beartooths this time tho'.
    No, I never, ever, ever hiked in Montana. I worked 70 hours a week up there and didn't have enough time. Plus I'm terrified of bears.

However I did spend time in Glacier, albeit inside of my car with the doors locked.

Quote Originally Posted by goofball View Post
    thanks for the info all. i'll be coming thru mid afternnon-ish on weekends so i should be safe.

Have an awesome time Jason! Two weeks is it?
    Dude, you are SOOOO lucky!!!
    Can't wait to see photos!
    Be safe out there - don't feed the bears - and have an amazing time!
    Hope to see ya at some point this summer or fall!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Just North of Idaho Falls, Id. There is a stretch on I-15 that is loose gravel, 45mph and a single lane. The southbound lanes have already been recently paved. I will be traveling from Salt lake city to Helena, Mt 2 times a week probably until March 2011.