Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 3 hikers (2 are kids) missing in Zion NP on Fat Man's Misery

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    Hey, you are right! It certainly wasn't a hike for pleasure this time, but when I hiked from Mineral Gulch, down Parunuweap and out to Springdale back in 1991 with a group of Boy Scouts I kept up a fast pace as well and really didn't get to see a lot that time either. We started the hike at 5AM and finished at 9:30PM! One day it would be nice if this route could be opened back up to the public again!? You do know that it is legal to hike into the Park as far as Labyrinth Falls though (but not beyond the top of the Falls)...don't you? Labyrinth Falls is really beautiful from the top, and not so interesting looking up from the bottom anyway.
    After Fat Man's last year, we never went to the falls on the exit, which I regret now, having heard about them. I also saw some video that the two Mikes took at the falls, and it looked really cool... Oh well, another time!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    They were pretty far off course! They were at least 500' up, maybe 600' ? They certainly did the right thing by staying put, but I must commend them for having the wits to watch below. They spotted us and screamed with all their might. Secondly, they had accumulated firewood and started a fire/smoke to insure that we would spot them. I really don't know how long they would have sat up there if we hadn't hiked Parunuweap? Give them my thanks for spotting us and for screaming at us below, we'd have never seen them. I'm extremely happy they are all OK.
    A family walked into the store yesterday and came up to me and said, "thank you for saving our lives!". I was a bit baffled, but soon learned that it was the folks that we had helped out of "Not Fat Mans Misery" last year! What a nice family and I so much appreciate that they found me, and am honored to have served them. I am glad I could lend a hand to such nice folks!

That is awesome! No one deserves it more than you, Bo!
    If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

Bogley BigShot

Congrats Bo. Well deserved.

I personally hold Bo way up there on my list of really good people. I have only met Bo once a few weeks ago but all I know of him is all good.
    Life is Good