Thread: Things to do in Denver

Things to do in Denver

Besides attend the Iron Maiden concert Monday night....

I've been there once before. So other than being disappointed in how far away the mountains actually are from the city.... what else is there to do?

We'll be there Sunday night to Tuesday morning.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Coming through Junction?
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

I can't remember, I'm not the one driving. If so, I'll have to give you a call.

Every thing you need to know about Dever Entertainment
    http://tinyurl.com/2wnhsm8

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Every thing you need to know about Dever Entertainment
    http://tinyurl.com/2wnhsm8
    This time around, I'd like to come home without a disease

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    This time around, I'd like to come home without a disease
    Sorry.... I thought you said you were not the one driving.

Shotgun willies strip club Of course, I've never been there, but I heard that it is awesome.

The biggest thing to do is to get stuck in traffic or to get lost downtown since the downtown area is one of the worst set up of any city I've seen in the United States. Avoid rush hour if you can.

You should visit the REI flagship store in Denver, since it's pretty cool. It's huge. The Denver Zoo is one of the best in the country, but it takes all day to get through. The aquarium is nice. The musuem of natural history is good and you may find the Denver mint interesting.

Of course all that stuff is kind of nerdy, but I'm no party animal so couldn't tell you about that kind of stuff. I'm not sure how well rocking out to Iron Maiden puts you in the mood for things like the Natural History Musuem.

Go to Colorado Springs you will have a lot more fun... Then there is Seven Falls, Garden of the Gods, the zoo, The Academy Chaple
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

A Rockie's game maybe. The Museum of Natural History is pretty good if you like museums. I think they have a really huge book store in Denver if I'm remembering correctly, one of the largest in the country. We went to it on one of our trips and I think it was the Denver trip. There's a Buffalo Bill Museum to the west of Denver. Whatever you do, don't go to the U.S. Mint. We did, and that was one of the most boring tours we've ever taken.

Ride to the end of the Mt Evans highway. Get out and stretch your legs atop a Colorado 14er.

If you are going to Maiden, I'll bet you would be more interested in a few fun bars? Cheeky Monk on E Colfax is one of the best Belgian beer cafes in the nation. Don't worry about the location, it's an awesome spot. Lola for margs and/or tequila as it's #3 tequila bar in the country and best bar tenders in the city. Great view of downtown and an awesome patio. A bit trendy but high quality. Not colorful enough? Check out Three Kings tavern on Broadway. Live hard rock and punk bands, tons of good beers on tap. Under 40 crowd mostly but great rock bar. If that doesn't rock hard enough, try Larimer Lounge. Metal bands every night and very cheap tap beers. Watch out for vomit on the floor and the dude selling weed out front. Want to eat great Mexican food and get trashed on yet more great margs? Bennys Cantina is the best in town for that combo. Denver is a blast if you know where to go. These are some of my psorosis inducing favorites for sure. Have fun!
    "I approach nature with a certain surly ill-will, daring Her to make trouble"

-Edward Abbey

I was just thinking. The Animas River (I think that's the one), comes out of the mountains to the west, and there are river trips on it every day. Also, it's a short day trip to Leadville, which is worth it. Especially the fudge.

Ditch the city and go chase tornadoes out on the plains.

I here there is some sort of brewery in Golden
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders