Thread: X-Fest Pt.1 Big Tony

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co

X-Fest Pt.1 Big Tony

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I started my journey on Friday a week before memorial weekend, and it takes me right about 12 hours from my house to arrive at camp. I pass through familiar ground for a bit until I leave Hanksville, and then I

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co
    It relents for a little bit (walking through nicely sculpted and colored narrows); then eventually we come to a nice view and a rap. The walls right here are nicely streaked.

We are back at it in no time flat with more R rated high stemming; this time not nearly as high or as hard, but still very tiring after already having spent a bunch of energy. It seems to go for a bit but I do remember some walking thrown in. Eventually we work back to the floor.(Landon decides to stay high though)

There is a really cool section ahead of us where you shuffle in the dark through a narrow subway type deal. Turns out, there was actually some water in there too. I’d say we shuffled (I felt very merry and giddy) in near darkness for at least 200 yards, until we got pinched out and forced to climb up the Bombay with slimy feet.

The spot I climbed out was extra tough in particular, as it was flaring and overhanging below my rip cage. After a bit of work I got up and out and moved onward. It relents again from here as we pass through more beautifully streaked sheer walls.

We work through some breakdown tubes/ tunnels and down into the riparian opening that flows back to sleepy hollow and they coyote. This stretch had beautifully soaring ampetheaters.

After slogging back to the car we hung out for a bit and mulled over the plans for the next day and the remaining days of the trip. After that we waited for RAM to show up for a bit and decided to move camp to a spot perhaps less windy. (the wind was raging for the first couple days at least if not longer)

Great stuff, Jason! I really would like to get into Big Tony one day - nice report!

Great report, I ♥ Big Tony.