Thread: Priceless BP Photo

Priceless BP Photo

Name:  liveleakdo..jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  76.7 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Notice how BP isn't responsible here either.

Demon oil companies:

Not to defend BP in any way for the accident/spill, but they have already paid out over a Billion dollars. That does say something.... I think.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Not to defend BP in any way for the accident/spill, but they have already paid out over a Billion dollars. That does say something.... I think.
    This is true. BP is only responsible for paying the bill, they are not responsible for organizing the cleanup crew.

It does, but let's hope us taxpayers don't get stuck with the estimated 13 billion more that the spill is estimated to cost.

Anyway, according to the BP website itself, they've made about six billion in profits (that's profits, not revenue) from the 1st quarter of 2010 alone:

http://www.bp.com/extendedgenericart...tentId=7061409

Not that they shouldn't make a profit, but if they made 6 billion profit in one quater this year alone, hopefully they help pay more of the bill for the spill.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    It does, but let's hope us taxpayers don't get stuck with the estimated 13 billion more that the spill is estimated to cost.

hopefully they help pay more of the bill for the spill.
    Is hope the best weapon we have against our corporate overlords?

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    not only hope, but change.

Apparently.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...33-503544.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    not only hope, but change.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Actually.... the reason for blocking the bill makes really good sense to me...

"If you have it too high you are going to be singling out BP and the other four largest majors and the nationalized companies, such as China and Venezuela, and shutting out the independent producers"

Nothing is worse than passing legislation as a knee jerk reaction when emotions are running high....

The rights that Americans willing gave up without a fight after 9/11 because their emotions were out of control never stops amazing me.... I would hate to see the same stupidity when dealing with this oil spill....

Actually.... the reason for blocking the bill makes really good sense to me...

"If you have it too high you are going to be singling out BP and the other four largest majors and the nationalized companies, such as China and Venezuela, and shutting out the independent producers"
    Why should the taxpayers have to pay for most of it though?

If BP made 6 billion proifit last quarter alone, shouldn't they be expected to pay more? Other non-oil companies that didn't make a profit at all are still liable when something happens.

If BP made 6 billion proifit last quarter alone, shouldn't they be expected to pay more? Other non-oil companies that didn't make a profit at all are still liable when something happens.
    EXACTLY!

First off.... you can't change the law now and make it retroactive.... BP is bound under the laws which were in effect when the spill happened... For example.... You can't change the law and make U-turns illegal and then go back and give tickets to everyone that made a U-Turn in the past 3 years.....

Also.... The bill as written would have only worked for a couple of the biggest companies in the world. It would have put any smaller company out of business without paying....

So I agree, you make the mess, you clean it up....

The problem is the original bill was extremely poorly written with only the BP disaster in the cross-hairs and not future possible spills.... it was a dumbass bill brought on by high emotions... YMMV...

because we are willing to pay