Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canyoneering Credentials

Spidey and Jason, you guys are good I admit. 'Riding the cutting edge of the sport, I agree. But, while I'll grant you the younger (although I need to see some ID) I beg to differ on the stronger, better looking and less cantankerous. Insert Canyoneering into the race track. I'd put my money on the Grey Beards (with Tom leading the pack) anyday. But, I acknowledge my bias; I have a few grey hairs myself.
    Jenny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by carverbc View Post
    Spidey and Jason, you guys are good I admit. 'Riding the cutting edge of the sport, I agree. But, while I'll grant you the younger (although I need to see some ID) I beg to differ on the stronger, better looking and less cantankerous. Insert Canyoneering into the race track. I'd put my money on the Grey Beards (with Tom leading the pack) anyday. But, I acknowledge my bias; I have a few grey hairs myself.
    Them's fightin words. At very least I hear a challenge. Very well I accept on behalf of the younger, stronger, and less cantankerous canyoneers. We will meet the grey beards for a race through any canyon in any place, any time. Grey beards led by whomever they choose can even pick the venue. Let's lay down some ground rules. What should the age limit be for the grey beards? What should the age limit be for the punks? Again since I am making the official challenge the grey beards can pick the venue. Also how much of a head start are we required to give the grey beards? Spidey anxiously awaiting acceptance of my formal challenge.

Dear, dear Spidey,
    How quick you are to jump at a percieved gauntlet toss! Remember the story of your childhood (not so very long ago in fact), The Tortoise and The Hare? Beware. Since I am the only“Grey Beard” in the conversation here and you seem solo in representing the Young and The Restless, maybe you and I should take this to the mat, just the two of us. Let’s say………Indian Leg Wrestling? Those are the terms, the where and when I leave to fate. I don’t want to diminish the experience of sharing a canyon with you by making it a competitive sport. Hope to do that some time. ‘Missed you on this last one.
    Last edited by carverbc; 06-05-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Jenny

Good point Jenny where is everyone else, I accept your Indian leg wrestle challenge. I look forward to doing a canyon with you as well, competitive or otherwise . When we get to know each other better you will find I am very quick to pick up any gauntlet that get's thrown down, sideways or any other way. I was totally bummed I had to miss this last outing, I will get out with you sometime soon. I still maintain my challenge to all grey beards. YOUR TEAM VS. MINE! NOW LET'S DO THIS!

P.S. Remember Jenny when we meet we have a leg wrestle that must be dealt with.

Spidey: "Remember Jenny when we meet we have a leg wrestle that must be dealt with.."

Yes, I will remember this. 'Hope it happens before the knees are filled with arthritis (yours).

You, remember; at this point, I do not represent a "team". I was only sticking up for a friend (tho' he does not need it). And, I don't have the beard, just the grey.
    Jenny

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    Good point Jenny where is everyone else, I accept your Indian leg wrestle challenge. I look forward to doing a canyon with you as well, competitive or otherwise . When we get to know each other better you will find I am very quick to pick up any gauntlet that get's thrown down, sideways or any other way. I was totally bummed I had to miss this last outing, I will get out with you sometime soon. I still maintain my challenge to all grey beards. YOUR TEAM VS. MINE! NOW LET'S DO THIS!

P.S. Remember Jenny when we meet we have a leg wrestle that must be dealt with.
    Okely Dokely....

Very simple. First team through wins. Team members can choose which team to identify themselves with.

Cypress Canyon. Go!

T

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Okely Dokely....

Very simple. First team through wins. Team members can choose which team to identify themselves with.

Cypress Canyon. Go!

T
    OK, there's a gauntlet toss that I can get on board with. Race on! Chris Hood and Kev are on MY team (they have to have at least one grey hair...somewhere). Go!
    Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by carverbc View Post
    OK, there's a gauntlet toss that I can get on board with. Race on! Chris Hood and Kev are on MY team (they have to have at least one grey hair...somewhere). Go!
    Sweet! Yep - lots of gray hairs on me!

And it's funny, Spidey says he's not on the cantankerous squad, but if you count up the:

and the emoticons

who keeps using all those?

Cypress Creek?? Should be a bit bigger, methinks-like a IV V4 A4-strictly speaking. Maybe something with a linked big air sequence.

If you're going to use me, Jenny, I suggest that the route of choice should involve lots of steep, extremely brushy uphill on the approach. My talents trend more towards Ram than Tom...

-Chris H

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northernoutpost View Post
    Cypress Creek?? Should be a bit bigger, methinks-like a IV V4 A4-strictly speaking. Maybe something with a linked big air sequence.

If you're going to use me, Jenny, I suggest that the route of choice should involve lots of steep, extremely brushy uphill on the approach. My talents trend more towards Ram than Tom...

-Chris H
    Spidey gave me the choice of challenges, I chose a favorite. If it is too easy for all y'alls, you could make it harder by doing Cypress from your respective houses WITHOUT BENEFIT OF A VEHICLE. We'll allow canoes, how's that. Has the side benefit of making it harder for Spidey as well. Heck he might get shin splints or something... !!!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000 View Post
    Sweet! Yep - lots of gray hairs on me!

And it's funny, Spidey says he's not on the cantankerous squad, but if you count up the:

and the emoticons

who keeps using all those?

That is all part of playing the part of the young punk poking the old bear.

It doesn't appear that anyone wants to be on my team any way so I either take you guys on solo, or if we have a quota on team members I will have to concede. Because none of the young punks are getting their crap together and getting on board.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    spidey let's challenge Tom to Kol-Heap-lay trifecta all three combined in 24 hours or less.

Spidey, I'd play in a heart beat but you know my knees and I have a few disguised grey hairs. I am the break peddle after all. I am too old for the young team. However, I am sure we could put together a young allstar team from MAPLETON. Spidey, Clark, Chris, Landon. Done. I volunteer to recruit, motivate, cheer, cook, car spot, rim walk, distract the other team with my blue-white legs, etc.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Spidey gave me the choice of challenges, I chose a favorite. If it is too easy for all y'alls, you could make it harder by doing Cypress from your respective houses WITHOUT BENEFIT OF A VEHICLE. We'll allow canoes, how's that. Has the side benefit of making it harder for Spidey as well. Heck he might get shin splints or something... !!!

Tom
    [INDENT]'Good thing the rules allow canoes. I love the No Vehicle rule but I CAN'T walk on water. YET!

[FONT=Verdana]Spidey, what's up with the lack of response from The Young Bucks and Buckettes to jump on board with you? Geeze, I
    Jenny

Age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time...

That is why I will consult my youthful Mapleton Homies.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    That is why I will consult my youthful Mapleton Homies.
    You don't stand a chance.... you are way to much of a nice guy....

It reminds me of the old story.... I don't have to run faster than the bear.... I just have to run faster than you....

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co
    I'm late to jump on board here but none the less my timing maybe impeclable.

It reminds me of the old story.... I don't have to run faster than the bear.... I just have to run faster than you....
    On that note, I don't need to try to race some silverbacks (as I hear they prefer to grey beards), I just need to do the canyons they no longer can. This will surely provide proof that I can be a valuable asset when it comes time to go for a look at something new.

You see, my plan is not to try to fight them, but instead I'll try to work with them to see canyons still awaiting exploration. Hell maybe I could even learn a thing or two???

It's an awfully small circle to go picking fights with anyone IMO, coming from the passive, medicated guy... Perhaps that's why I try to mostly keep to myself unless I have something worth bringing to the table.