Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Uintas 2010

Has anyone been up to Bob's Lake on the north slope? From what I've found it is mostly just used to access Tokewanna Peak. It looks like it is just above timber line so I'm mostly wondering what prospects are for finding a decent campsite nearby. Also, anyone visit any of the lakes in the area just east of there? Any fish in them?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I day hiked into the Naturalist basin to Jordan Lake on both Saturday and Sunday (lost my wallet and ended up hiking it twice ) The lake was still frozen in spots and there was a lot of snow - but the waterfalls were raging and I would say access is very good - especially the lower meadows and places like Everman lake that have a more southerly facing slope. Next week I would imagine that Jordan lake will still be very muddy. The bugs are getting ready - I could tell a difference Saturday to Sunday - there was no bugs on Saturday, but on Sunday there were a few little clouds of gnats. I have no photos as I was hiking light and fast.

Has anyone been up to Bob's Lake on the north slope? From what I've found it is mostly just used to access Tokewanna Peak. It looks like it is just above timber line so I'm mostly wondering what prospects are for finding a decent campsite nearby. Also, anyone visit any of the lakes in the area just east of there? Any fish in them?
    ]I have been up there a few times. Camping near Bob's isn't that good, but the meadows to the south east of it are spectacular. I don't know if the lakes to the east sustain a year-round population or if the fish migrate from the creek, but I have seen them in there. The trail can be hit or miss to find, but isn't difficult. I was very surprised as this area was busier than I expected - but most people were in the lower elevations.
    Biking, Hiking, and Fishing are life. Everything else is just fluff.

I've been there several times; last time was September 2000.

Yes, Bob's Lake has fish in it as well as at least one of the lakes east of there (I'm out of town, so I can't look at my map).

Bob's Lake has OK campsites (somewhat exposed) nearby, but they will be wet this time of year. Since they lake is high, the area around the lake sometimes doesn't dry out until August, though there are campsites farther down canyon.

Here are some pics of Bobs. This was the end of August of last year -
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Biking, Hiking, and Fishing are life. Everything else is just fluff.

Nice pics. I was thinking of Bob's next week or the week after but given the elevation I might just push that into the August-September time frame. That meadow to the southeast sounds like the spot to camp and then day hike to Bob's.

Went up for a little day trip yesterday with the kids.

Ruth Lake - no snow and plenty of mosquitoes
    Wall Lake - bit of snow around the lake and just a few mosquitoes
    Cataract Gorge - flow was low, no snow, no mosquitoes.