Thread: Klondike Bluffs with a little bit of Baby Steps (Moab)

Klondike Bluffs with a little bit of Baby Steps (Moab)

Klondike Bluffs is a beginner rated trail; if you add a trail with the name Baby Steps do you get bored? Not a bit, this was a lot of fun. Okay, so it's not as technical as Amasa Back, it's not as steep and exposed as Slickrock, but it's got slickrock, singletrack, dinosaur tracks, and views. You can even stick it to the man by visiting Arches without paying.

The singletrack on Baby Steps has a few technical sections, and a few fast flowy parts as well. Just lots of fun. The track here is only a part of Baby Steps, I need to return and visit the rest.

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=38.793229,-109.711189&spn=0.075795,0.073214&t=h&z=14&msid=106721438394524977499.000487aeee2c58b761915
    Gene

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBkr View Post
    You can even stick it to the man by visiting Arches without paying.

Cool, I've never done this trail.

Hey I jsut did this one on the 22nd of May!

We had some newbies, so we decided to do this one since it is a little more friendly.

Did you do Baby steps on the way out or on the way back? wondering which way it flows best.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

We rode the loop part counter-clockwise, which means we rode Baby Steps part on the way back. The trail sign says direction of travel on Baby Steps is the other way. Don't know why the sign says that. The altitude profile shows riding that part of Baby Steps the way we did is certainly mostly downhill. "Start Baby Steps" on the altitude profile (altitude vs miles) is the trail intersection at the north end of the lollipop on the map.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gene

I was with MtnBkr on this ride. It was surprisingly fun. I had heard good things about Baby Steps and it is definitely worth the ride. I really liked descending the singletrack the way we did. I say, if you are doing a loop that is the way to go (up Klondike proper and down Baby Steps). It would also be an excellent climb up the singletrack if you wanted to do it as an out and back......

Cool! thanks for the info!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Nice use of google maps.

Nice post, map is great. I just placed this on my Must Do list.