Thread: Kanarra Canyon

Kanarra Canyon

I cannot seem to find any recent information on Kanarra Canyon. I will be in the Zion area next weekend for 3 full days and am hopig to get past the typical trails but I am bringing my family so both my husband and I will have a rug rat on our back.
    Would Kanarra be feasible this early in the year and with a 40 pounder attached?
    Anyone know what temperature water to expect? What rope conditions are? Is it even open anymore after the hullabaloo over local partiers leaving trash?
    Also, should I bring an extra garbage sack to pack out crap left by others?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I did Kanarra last year over Memorial Day weekend and the water was cold The ladies I hiked with (in laws) complained the entire time about how cold the water was even though it only was ankle deep (last year) this year I dont know but with the runoff I would expect water to be higher and running much faster. My spring creek/river fishing season has been ruined as all streams, creeks, and rivers are running fast, dirty and high!

Also as for the rug rat just turn around when you get to the waterfall if it is beyond your comfort level. Even only going to the first fall you go through a slot canyon and see some cool stuff and a beautiful waterfall. I did see a guy climb the log/ladder but I would never dare do that with a baby on back.