Thread: X-Fest= Success!

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co

X-Fest= Success!

I made a descent of big tony, pintac and long branch over the last couple days. Also our group got a couple new canyons on my down day, and today on my drive home (including the first full descent of what was known as west scorpion). Big ups to my partners Aaron Ramras, Landon Michaels, and Stevee B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

nice work j. sounds like a helluva trip! where dem pics?

Blog Entries
    good job on the XX (west scorpion).
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Trail Master
    I don't have the right cable as I borrowed ben's camera. Also I didn't get too many due to a couple things. 1. trying to keep up for the first 2 days was hard, the second day (pintac) the battery died early. 2. I tought I was shooting a lot of video in long branch (instead of taking a bunch of pics) but was suspicious when I didn't see any record light or anything... Turns out I'm just a moron and should have played with it more before hand. I got a couple of long branch pics but it will be a couple days till I get them up. Thankfully Aaron took like 100 in each canyon!

For the record. Landon is my student turned pro.... Waydago Landon. (It doesn't take much to pass me up.. )
    Life is Good

Trail Master

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Amazing stuff guys, thanks for sharing.

I've done a lot of canyons, and plan on doing a lot more--these are not on my list.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Awesome pictures.

Wow. Great photos.
    Life is Good

Spent a couple days hanging with Aaron last week, hearing about this stuff. Very cool! (Heard good stuff about you, too, forum8fox!) I'd like to go for Big Tony, but the rest sound pretty intimidating!

Trail Master
    Glad to hear your all psyched about the successful trip! Also glad to hear that Aaron had good things to say, it's hard being the new guy. Seems there are alot of big shoes to fill out there, and I have no idea how I compare (sorry if I'm being too humble, but there is truth to it). Not only that but I really wondered how well my personality would mesh with new partners.

I am who I am and I'm not going to hide it or change for you with out good reason (like for pintac and long branch I left my meds as we figured I wouldn't have had time for it anyway). I have a habit of swearing like a sailor from time to time, especially when I'm excited or scared(wait... that never happens ), I like to drink, smoke and medicate.

I worry when I am around strait edge and proper people, I feel I may come off abrasivly to them. However I'm of the mindset that I'm not going to try to tell you how to live so don't try telling me how to either. Maybe it helps, for the most part I try to keep to myself as much as possible around new people anyway untill I have a chance to feel them out.

Enough on me, keep an eye out folks. I wrote up pintac last night and I will probly do long branch tonight, hopefully I'll get the photo's in the next couple days and by then big tony should be written up too. All I'll have to do is sync it up at that point, expect it around the weekend. Pintac is up on the yahoo group for those who can't wait for the technologically correct version. Long branch and big tony will be as well once I write them... I'm waiting for my pics before I post it up here.

Sorry, but hopefully it will be worth the wait despite my lack of photo's.