Thread: Colonial knife-Tat cutter

Colonial knife-Tat cutter

I saw this cool little knife in climbing mag and though I would check it out. I looked online and it was almost $9 to ship so I called the phone number on the website and Steve picked up and I asked him if they had any local dealers in Utah. He said no but that he could ship it to me. They are $12.99 plus $4 to ship usps up to a certain weight. So I got 2 since it no extra to ship.

The cool part was that Steve is the owner and we just bs'd for like 15 minutes about climbing and utah and when I mentioned I was in canyoneering last weekend in Zion he says "I just got goosebumps, I love Zion" haha.
    He was a really cool guy and he gave me some cool tips about wearing it or whatever.
    The knife has a lifetime warranty. He even said that if it gets dull I can send it back and they will sharpen it for free. Or if it gets too beat up he will replace it for free! Awesome. I haven't gotten it yet but I will update this thread when I get it and give it a go.

http://www.colonialknifecompany.net/
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    The man thong is wrong.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kinda cool idea but I'd be nervous about an exposed blade necklace getting loose of my shirt and tangling itself in my anchor or rope, especially on an awkward start like when you are standing on a chockstone that is also the anchor and you need to belly-slide your way off the boulder and onto the rappel…
    Actually I wouldn’t want this thing anywhere near my climbing gear.

Ya that is a worry. They also make the ameba. Which is the same knife that folds like a regular pocket knife. Much safer around your gear. I like the simplicity of the Tat. Hopefully I don't cut my rope on rap!

Name:  ameba..jpg
Views: 719
Size:  39.8 KB
    The man thong is wrong.