Thread: LCC Trail - Little Cottonwood Creek

LCC Trail - Little Cottonwood Creek

Awesome night on the trail. Tuesday's are back!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just added pix. Lotta bikers and runners out tonight. We saw TreeHugger and said hello. Mill Creek pipeline next week.

Awesome ride

Great pics, looks like everyone had a great time. I really enjoy this trail, I ride it 2-3 times during the week after work and if I don't have much time on the weekends I do it then too. It's just really close and a nice little climb. I saw three Moose last week climbing, kind of made me a bit nervous on the way down wondering if I would have the pleasure of meeting one around a corner. Thanks again for the great pics of LCC
    GO!

You saw 3 moose on LCC trail??!!!! Wow! Seems a little unusual, super cool, but yes, a little scary, too.

Nice to see ya'all, too, if only for a fleeting moment! :-) I really like to run that trail, stays mostly cool in the summer and is a lot easier to run then ride! haha! :-) I ride it also, though, it's like a mile and a half from my house so it's convenient!

GREAT PICS!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Unusual is what I thought too. One was standing in the little trail leading to the shelter and two more were off the trail further up. A couple hikers let me know they were there, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed them while i'm "in my own world " climbing up that trail.
    GO!

Nice! I'll be posting my pics from Vernal soon.
    Are we there yet?

Apparently the first bridge is under water. About halfway through the video below you'll see it...it's unfreakingbelievable. I've never seen the river this high.

I was up there yesterday afternoon and couldn't believe how high it was. I'm taking my son on a hike tomorrow, so hopefully things will be a bit calmer.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11064362

And hey, I recognize you guys. Say hello when you fly past me!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Re: LCC Trail - Little Cottonwood Creek

talked to a guy at the trail head this morning and he said the first bridge is washed-out :( I wanted to ride something this morning and now I wont have time

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk
    Chere'

Looks like it'd be excellent kayaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Looks like it'd be excellent kayaking.
    Yeah, where is Alex.

We should have a moment of silence for the LCC Trail. It's no more.

I was up day before yesterday, and the river was about 12" below the first bridge. Went up again yesterday with my son, and could not even believe my eyes. After the road, just past the gate, the trail is rutted about 3' deep. The final curve before the first bridge is where the river is now. The bridge appears to be half gone, but it's hard to tell, since it's under water.

There's Sheriff caution tape strung up everywhere, but we crossed it and got as close as we could. I took some photos and I'll try to figure out my droid so I can upload them. While I was taking photos, the ground underneath me was being carved out by the river and started to cave in. We had to use tree branches and the pipe to get back.

Hope everybody will help reconstruct the trail when this is over. This would be a great time to separate the trail so bikers can haul ass down without mowing over people.

Now I REALLY should have hit it with you guys

What if Bogley sponsored a repair effort or volunteered to work with Sandy City to repair it? Be a great way to get the website's name out, too.

Repair work will be needed. Sucks.

All of these bridges will need to be replaced. Look at this before and after shot.

My bike on the bridge 5/25
    f

Now! (From Spooky via Facebook)
    Name:  32531_1464123680175&.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  121.1 KB

My daughter took the above photo a day before the flood reached peak levels. I have more photos of the water nearly topping the bridge. If I could figure out my droid's files I'd post them. I'll try to get them up this evening.