Thread: Warm Springs Loop

Warm Springs Loop

[COLOR=navy][FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkorchid][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000]After spending Saturday in the south fork of Maidenwater, the Highland High Science and Environmental Adventure Club spent Sunday, May 22, romping through Warm Springs. Our trustworthy navigator Matt deciphered the Climb-Utah beta precisely and we found our way to the entrance to the Warm Spring loop after traversing a beautiful desert in bloom. The group had little trouble stemming its way over the tight spots
    Attached Images Attached Images                    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    nice TR, thanks for sharing. BTW, that pic here, what happens next? down climbing, rappel?? looks like fun though.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Great stuff!!!! How long was the stemming?
    Life is Good

The pic where you see Lake Powell is the end of the road for Warm Springs. Its about a 250 ft drop into the lake. From there its turn around and upclimb everything you went down - past where the tight entry canyon drops into Warm Springs (I think this side canyon is known as Potty Mouth) - continuing up the upper portion of Warm Springs where you exit after a lot of fun up-climbs.

The stemming is on and off for about a quarter mile - mostly on for anyone of size. In some areas you are 30ish feet above the floor but there are no real tricky parts to getting high or sustaining a comfortable high route.

Looks fun! I like the you go low I'll go high pictures!

My canyoneering motto is.... "When in doubt, go high!"

Nice TR... Thanks for posting it.

FWIW: tributary slot of Warm Springs (Climb-Utah.com) = Fun Slot (Kelsey) = Pottymouth (Tom Jones Rave)

Nice TR Dave. I also really like the Shot into Powell - great pic. How was Maidenwater? Water? Did you go in from the top rapell?
    Don't believe everything you think.

-Borrowed from a bumper sticker I believe

Quote Originally Posted by french_de View Post
    Nice TR Dave. I also really like the Shot into Powell - great pic. How was Maidenwater? Water? Did you go in from the top rapell?
    The group did rappel from the top of south maindenwater at the pour off - I cleaned everything up and did the down climb. No water of any consequence. We might have done 6 rappels total, the SEAC group really works as a team - never saw a group of 10 overcome and play through a group of 3 before...

Oh, at the big drop of Warm Springs there was a kayaker tooling around in the lake. About 1/2 way to the exit the wind picked up to considerable strength - hope the boater made it back...

That would be a great experience ascending back up! Next time take me damn it!! That's if I don't have to work.