Thread: Keyhole Bogley Family Fest 5/20

Keyhole Bogley Family Fest 5/20

This was the daylight version of Keyhole, you know the version that's suitable for family viewing!

We had Don and E, Chere and Sarah, Kev and Perrin and Willow, and Robin and Aaron and me.

Here we are suiting up on the road:

Here's Don and E toughing it out up the slickrock:

The crew gets ready at the entrance:

Final shot of the kids as we start:

Kev ready to lock and load the kids in:

I was doing the fireman's belay on most of the raps so I didn't get much of the kids rapping. But here's Don helping E and Sarah get lowered in:

A few more of folks enjoying the canyon:

Too soon it was over and we were enjoying the sun and frogs at the rain pools outside the canyon:

I know there's more photos out there, add 'em on! I was such a blast to be out with a big fun group of parents and kids. Thanks to everyone for making it so fun.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Aw these are so fantastic!!! Great job guys. I sure wished I could have made this happen with Aidan. Next year!

Gotta get full size copies of those photos! I didn't take as many but I'll get mine up soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Gotta get full size copies of those photos! I didn't take as many but I'll get mine up soon too.
    Awe, the kid pix are sooo cute! I love the one of E in your arms Don! Sweet that he started to like the canyon further along.
    Looks like a fun trip with all the youngins!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    E was so cute! He really did not like the rappels and Don was very patient with him. As soon as he was down he recovered quickily each time and enjoyed the parts in between rappels. I asked him if he would do it again and he thought for a moment and said Yes!

All the kids were so much fun I really really enjoyed it. Wish I could have seen my own girl go down the rappels but Don needed a little extra help and I didn't mind.
    Chere'

Way cool! I wish I could have been there with my 7 year old. Damn.

Yeah, E was pretty scared of the rappels. He was lowered down the first one by Kev with me at the bottom and he hated it. Cried and tried to hold on to the rock instead of just sliding down. That’s the one where I’m at the bottom to unhook him in the photo above. Once he was down he recovered quickly. For the next two raps he and I went down tandem; that way he could hold on to me. He seemed comforted by that but he still didn’t like it too much. Again, once he was on the ground he recovered quickly and even said he’d like to do the canyon again.
    I made a stupid rooky move in the pothole at the bottom of the first rappel. The water was cold and I wanted out so I moved quickly and didn’t realize until later that I had dropped my Totem! We didn’t go back for it. When some Bogley people did a night run through there the next day they felt around a bit but it was cold and dark and they didn’t spend a lot of time on it. SO, my Totem is still there. If found I’d love to get it back. I’ve got some beer (or Root Beer?) for whoever finds it!
    I’ll get my photos up soon.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    well Don I wasn't planning on doing it this weekend but I'll try to swing by and sweap around for it.

My 3 year old will be 4 next year... It's on once I teach him to swim! We had fun on the river walk hehe.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    well Don I wasn't planning on doing it this weekend but I'll try to swing by and sweap around for it.
    I'd love to get it back.
    I realized it was missing in the shallow pool above the second rap, I thought (I wished) it might be possible that I dropped it in there ‘cause I did a belly-roll-down-climb off that rock above the pool and may have dropped it then but I really felt around in there and didn’t find it. Plus, I’m quite sure I did the dumb-rookie-in-the-cold-water-move in that deeper pool below the first rap.
    I do remember setting it up plate style for a double rope rap on that first rap. That would leave it unattached to anything when I came off the rope. Easy to lose in that set up. See; dumb-rookie-in-cold-water-move.

Great stuff guys. Jealous that you where there with kids and I was not. However I was at umpteen soccer games with my three daughters and baseball with my son. I wish Bogley would do one of these Fests in the summer months, then I would have a much greater chance of being there (with kids and food). I have on the docket a Subway kid trip this year as all my kids are bugging me to take them. Should be a good time!
    Life is Good

Maybe another trip is in the Cards. Late summer (Aug-Sept) somewhere would be sweet.

Would anyone be interested in doing a Black Hole family trip on the July 10, 11 or 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I had dropped my Totem
    We spent about 5 minutes looking for it when we went through. I even had it in my hand until I realized it was a square rock. Sorry.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    We spent about 5 minutes looking for it when we went through. I even had it in my hand until I realized it was a square rock. Sorry.
    I was the stupid rookie in the cold water. I accept my loss.