Thread: Googles front page

Googles front page

I know there was a post about this some time ago but I can't find it. I love Googles creative front pages. Today is a playable version of Pac-Man to celebrate the 30th birthday. Very cool I think!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yep, very cool. Usually its just art, but today its playable. Sweeeet!

I was going to post about this, I've been playing it all day.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Fortunately the ghosts don't chase you. It's the first time I have been able to clear a board without getting eaten.

first thing i did was hit "mute"
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

It's great! They've kept it on for a little while.

The ghosts will chase you if you start moving.

Now we need a Zaxxon Google page, somehow.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

It is gone now, but I grabbed the source code: bogley.com/pacman

Who can get the high score?

Btw...google used javascript...not flash.

Report: Google Pac-Man Zapped 4.8M Hours Of Productivity
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2364143,00.asp

Google's playable Pac-Mac doodle has collectively consumed about 4.8 million hours of our time since its Friday release, according to a new report.
    Assuming the average player earned about $25 per hour, that is a financial loss of about $120 million, according to a blog post from Rescue Time, a software tool that calculates how businesses and individuals spend their time and attention.
    The average person spends about 4.5 active minutes on Google.com each day, spread out over 22 page views. That is about 11 seconds of attention on each Google search, wrote Rescue Time founder Tony Wright.
    When Google released the playable Pac-Mac doodle on Friday in honor of the video game's 30th anniversary, average time spent on Google.com jumped by 36 seconds.
    Rescue Time used Wolfram Alpha data for Google traffic on Sunday, which reached 504 million unique views. Assuming that the userbase is representative, Rescue Time concluded that Google's Pac-Mac consumed 4.8 million hours of users' time beyond the 33.6 million daily man hours of attention that Google Search gets every day.
    Assuming each Google user had a cost of $25 per hour, that means a loss of $120 million.
    "For that same cost, you could hire all 19,835 Google employees, from Larry and Sergey down to their janitors, and get six weeks of their time. Imagine what you could build with that army of man power," Wright wrote.
    If the Pac-Mac players earned an average Google salary, meanwhile, the loss could be as high as $298 million, Rescue Time said.
    If Google had made more of an effort to promote the game, the time suck could have been much worse, the company concluded. To access the game, users had to click the "insert coin" button, which had replaced the "I Feel Lucky" search option.
    "I imagine most users missed that," Wright suggested. "In fact, I'd wager that 75 percent of the people who saw the logo had no idea that you could actually play it. Which the world should be thankful for."
    For those who can't get enough, Google has made the Pac-Mac game permanent at www.google.com/pacman.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Report: Google Pac-Man Zapped 4.8M Hours Of Productivity
    Fixed

Report: Google Pac-Man Zapped 4.8M Hours Of Facebook

Old lady complains to google about pac-man game

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Old lady complains to google about pac-man game

I'm just glad I didn't hear her say "I'm Computer Illiterate..." I freekeeng hate that phrase. You say that line, and it's like an open pass to being a complete idiot.