Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday May 25th LCC trail

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Aww, do it anyway. Why not add an element of oh-my-god-why-did-I-do-this to the trip?
    Yeah that never happens.

I wish we could get a pre-ride report somehow tomorrow afternoon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Yeah that never happens.

I wish we could get a pre-ride report somehow tomorrow afternoon.
    Maybe I'll go tomorrow morning and let you know.

Maybe I'll go tomorrow morning and let you know.

In my experience (I have been riding LCC regularly since before Rock Shox hit stores) this trail drains and dries quickly, I would even call this a rare trail that can handle riders during rain and I bet it will be dry if not a bit dusty tonight.
    If you still want to ride tonight and risk upsetting the "mountainbiking community" (i.e. neilether) with the possibility of a wet section of trail, join me at the trail head by 6pm

Sunny today...no trail police.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    man i wish i could join you guys!
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    man i wish i could join you guys!
    Are you still between SLC and STG? Soon you'll be around some great trails.

We're headed up now. If it's dismal I'll let you know.

I know you don't want to tear it up if it's muddy, but that trail often has some drainage and is no worse for the wear. What's wrong with a little mud? Mountain bikers with muddy calves? It's sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal View Post
    If you still want to ride tonight and risk upsetting the "mountainbiking community" (i.e. neilether) with the possibility of a wet section of trail, join me at the trail head by 6pm
    Aw, seriously, Fourtycal, it is necessary to rip on neilether (and me, for that matter) just cuz we give a crap? We dont have to bring it into every trail ride posted here now do we? We voiced our opinion, take it or leave it but dont be snide and nasty about it.
    Having said that.... I would agree that LCC is a good choice after rain/snow, it does drain quite well, with the expception of a couple of areas. I'll be there running this evening, I may see you around.

Peace,
    Karen
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

hell its like 80 now it will be dry
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Are you still between SLC and STG? Soon you'll be around some great trails.
    OMH Yes! I have tonight and tomorrow night to pack all my crap. I pick up my truck on Thursday and load it. Drive down Friday and empty it. Return Saturday to get my car and kids. Either Drive back Saturday and start unpacking or drive back Wednesday and start unpacking. If I do that I will ride with you guys next Tuesday.
    Chere'

So this trail dries quick eh? K, I think I'm still coming down there, I just didn't want to make the long drive for a crappy ride in the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger View Post
    We dont have to bring it into every trail ride posted here now do we?
    No, but it's fresh on my mind. I still think the post attack was uncalled for and I took it personally. I use and care about trails as much as anyone here, I ride dirtbikes every week, ATV regularly, 4X4 regularly and Mountainbike on Tuesday nights. I contribute to several groups that fight to keep trail access, it doesn't mean I am perfect, but assuming I "don't get it" or don't care is bogus. Getting bagged on for mountainbiking by a mountainbiker on a mountainbiking forum just doesn't make sense to me but assumptions are rampant and shared on forums with intent to flame, what do ya do? Most times I ignore, this time I took the bait

By the way, I just drove to Midway, there were several riders on the Glenwild trail when I passed, That trail needs to hit the rotation soon

glen wild is open, I was up there yesterday and stopped into jans and cole sport and they said it was good to go and dry as a bone.... I will be biking vicariously through you guys since my ankle is still the size of a watermelon, hopefully I can pedal this weekend, cant wait for some pics of the trail from tonight. anyone help me out with posting some pics from my blackberry? Cant seem to do it, once i figure it out I can finally contribute to the picture count here!! Have fun, I will be home icing my ankle being a pussy!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

There is a bit of snow but it's in great shape. My kids even cleared the downed branches. Have fun!

Would love to join you but I'm headed to Vernal tomorrow for a full day of riding and don't want sore/tired legs. I'm not like you young guys that can recover in just a few hours!
    Are we there yet?

In fact, a lot of snow that was on the trail on the way up was gone by the time we came down. I'll bet the snow is gone by the time you get up there. The few spots that were muddy are drying up quickly and there were several bikers on the trail.

There is a bit of snow but it's in great shape. My kids even cleared the downed branches. Have fun!
    Thanks for the report.

Hmm.... still thinking about it. I've got the ol' rim brakes. It's a helluva drive for a slightly muddy trail. What "kind" of mud is it? Got any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Thanks for the report.

Hmm.... still thinking about it. I've got the ol' rim brakes. It's a helluva drive for a slightly muddy trail. What "kind" of mud is it? Got any pics?
    Just go do it!

Only a few linear feet of the trail had water. The rest of the trail is dry on one side or the other. Of course, snow could be melting right now creating a huge mud pot just for you...

Tuesday May 25th LCC trail

Tks for the report. The trail was maybe 95% dry. There was just enough small puddles to splash my clean ride and make it look like I actually ride off road.