Thread: Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day Weekend

Thinking about Medieval Chamber, Dragonfly and Big Horn Memorial Day weekend. Myself (Rookie)& my Wife (beginner). Anybody with experience and gear interested?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I hope to be in the area that weekend but if these girls tag along technical canyons are out. If they bail I'd be interested. Won't know till Monday though...

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    prior commitments have me at the other end of the state or else I may take you up

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Thinking about Medieval Chamber, Dragonfly and Big Horn Memorial Day weekend. Myself (Rookie)& my Wife (beginner). Anybody with experience and gear interested?
    Hi Iceman
    might I suggest a Bighorn - Dragonfly combo? It makes a better day. You exit Bighorn at the point to hike out to Dragonfly. And don't miss the tunnel on the Bighorn approach......
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Hey Tom, I'd love to go with you again but I'll be in Zion that whole next week. Did Medieval Chamber later in that week that I went with you and Jaunita and really liked it. A 60 meter rope barely gets to the ground on the 2 raps so trust Shane's beta. The hike out was a bit long but pretty with all the flowing water. Have a great trip, Ted

Quote Originally Posted by remoteman45 View Post
    The hike out was a bit long but pretty with all the flowing water. Have a great trip, Ted
    If you do not want to deal with shuttling etc you can climb out about 100 yards LDC to the right and go back to the start. A little exposed but can be done. If you just want to drop down and check out the arch you can climb out right after you come out of the chamber. Turn right and climb up the slickrock fin right there. If doing this we usually walk down to the top of the fin prior to going in and dropping a handline down. There's a nice tree you can attach it to. It has one spot that will get your attention without something to hold on to. Years ago we use to go out there with Scouts and they would rappel down the Chamber cliimb back out come around and go down again, they thought it was the bomb.

Mark

I hope to be in the area that weekend but if these girls tag along technical canyons are out. If they bail I'd be interested. Won't know till Monday though...
    Let me know if it will work for you.

Hi Iceman
    might I suggest a Bighorn - Dragonfly combo? It makes a better day. You exit Bighorn at the point to hike out to Dragonfly. And don't miss the tunnel on the Bighorn approach......
    I noticed that in some of the beta we read. Thanks for the tip.

Hey Tom, I'd love to go with you again but I'll be in Zion that whole next week.
    Thats to bad Ted. Had a good time last go round. Maybe some other time.

If you do not want to deal with shuttling etc you can climb out about 100 yards LDC to the right and go back to the start. A little exposed but can be done.
    We will probably just do the shuttle, but thanks for the heads up on that one.

Bump. No takers for any of the days? Friday, Saturday?

I've done a route with Iceman.... he's a fun partner.

I've done a route with Iceman.... he's a fun partner.
    Thanks Iceaxe. Us Ice--- guys have to stick together. It was pleasure meeting your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    My thing fell apart. I'm going to stay around the Wasatch Front this weekend.