Thread: Lake Powell Canyons - Moepitz, Anasazi and Lehi Canyons and/or General Powell

Lake Powell Canyons - Moepitz, Anasazi and Lehi Canyons and/or General Powell

Hey there,

I'm likely heading down to Powell over Memorial Day weekend with a couple friends. We are talking about doing Moepitz, Anasazi and/or Lehi. I haven't done much on Powell (it's been over 10 years since I've been down there, and even then, only on a houseboat.) This will be my first trip doing canyons from a boat.

I'm trying to gather as much information as possible. The best would be if someone has been down them recently; but any beta on them is appreciated.

Any beta on other Powell canyons that would be recommended is also welcomed (especially if you feel they are better than Moepitz, Anasazi and/or Lehi.)

Otherwise, even general Lake Powell info would be helpful. How long it should take from Bullfrog to Oak canyon; and if you have an approximate gas usage for a 21' powerboat with 235hp engine. (Or gas info from any of your previous trips.) Best camp spots, things not to miss, things to try to avoid, etc.

Thanks for any info!

FYI, if you don't want to type a lot, and would rather chat on the phone - either send me your contact info or e-mail me and I can send you mine at aj(at)meet-outdoors(dot)com.

Thanks!
    A.J.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement