Thread: Down Egypt 2 and up Egypt 3

Down Egypt 2 and up Egypt 3

Next day of the trip we opted for something mellow. We went down Egypt 2 (didn't have a rope long enough for the headwall rap so we hiked around and rappelled in from the side) until it opened up then climbed over the ridge into Egypt 3 and upclimbed it back to the cars. It was a great loop but we finished pretty early. Jason had never been to Calf Creek Falls and I have never been there with my SLR so we did a late afternoon hike to the falls. I'll post those pictures in the hiking section. Photos on the blog:

http://utoutdoors.blogspot.com/2010/...p-egypt-3.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125 View Post
    Next day of the trip we opted for something mellow. We went down Egypt 2 (didn't have a rope long enough for the headwall rap so we hiked around and rappelled in from the side) until it opened up then climbed over the ridge into Egypt 3 and upclimbed it back to the cars. It was a great loop but we finished pretty early. Jason had never been to Calf Creek Falls and I have never been there with my SLR so we did a late afternoon hike to the falls. I'll post those pictures in the hiking section.
    Cool photos!
    I might want to do this with my daughters next week - but the BIG rap is out of the question.
    How long is the alternate rap?
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Cool photos!
    I might want to do this with my daughters next week - but the BIG rap is out of the question.
    How long is the alternate rap?
    Ummm... I didn't measure it but I'd guess under 100 feet. We took a 200 ft rope, tied it to a tree and rapped in. There was a lot of rope left on the ground. After the loop we hiked down and retrieved the rope. Luckily no one was rappeling on in when we untied it like Mark had happen to him.

Great pics. Damn I need a better camera...
    "I approach nature with a certain surly ill-will, daring Her to make trouble"

-Edward Abbey

A little further down canyon from the trees you can anchor on some rocks for a 15 foot or so rap, this puts you in the canyon just above the 2nd rap. There is a way in bypassing that 2nd rap a bit more down canyon...