Thread: Currant Berry

Currant Berry

Sorry for the delay. This all took place on Saturday, but I've been sick ever since and haven't felt up to writing a real report.

With all the reports of success at Strawberry throughout the week, I had to go and give it a try. It also seemed like that's what EVERYBODY else had planned to do. The place was packed. Strangely enough, all the pay sites were overflowing and there were still 3 spots at the free parking by the dam. Go fig.

After a few hours of hiking the shoreline, floating on the tube, throwing everything I had, my efforts had only brought me one medium sized rainbow and another that got off after a quick fight. Like usual, I had missed the super catching action at the Berry, thanks to working a day job. :?

That one tried to eat a pointer minnow. The one that got off hit a rainbow kastmaster.

Not yet satisfied with the day's rewards, I decided to check out Currant Creek Reservoir and get into some fish that I knew would be biting.

As always, plenty of eye candy along the route.

Now that road is notorious for being bouncy and washboard and I was very pleasantly surprised at the condition it's currently in. It was very smooth the whole way, minus the wet spots along the lower half and one rocky area. Piece of cake in the Sentra.

Even though the Berry had given me a hard time, I was sure to get into fish at CC. My first cast was with the ever trusty Blue Fox and I missed two bites on the retrieve before reeling in a feisty little rainbow that looked as if it were fresh from the concrete hatchery runs.

Apparently someone thinks CC needs a bunch of planter rainbows. I proceeded to bring in about 20 of the dinks with only a couple that were worth a photo.

So if anyone wants a mess of tiny rainbows that fight hard, fish the inlet area. The cutts are also in there, but far more weary than their neighbors.

My time there was relatively short, but plenty of fish tasted metal before I called it a day. It sure is a beautiful area.

The drive down went as smoothly as the drive up, but took about twice as long since I found it necessary to pull over a million times for pics. I didn't fish the creek (regs), but I still took something away from them:

Always a pleasure to visit Currant Creek.

Happy Fishing, Humans.

Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks for the report. Thinking about heading up that way next week.