Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Planning a little overnighter with the ole ball and chain(THIS IS A JOKE I LOVE MY WIFE DEARLY AND SHE IS FAR FROM BEING A BALL AND CHAIN) in the next week or two. I can handle quite a bit, she is a little more fragile but nonetheless an in shape trooper. I would appreciate any thoughts on my two top choices!

1. Drive to Tuweep campground....see the sunrise and take a long day hike to a famous pictograph (if we can find it)

2A. Day hike wirepass (buckskin) for a couple miles, camp out there, not in buckskin, go to white pocket and spend some time exploring that area

2B. Day hike wirepass (buckskin) for a couple miles, camp, not in buckskin, try to get walk in permits to Coyote South, if we dont go to white pocket

2C. Hike to Cobra Arch, camp somewhere down house rock valley road, then Coyote South or White Pocket.
    3. Camp at Kodochrome, explore a couple non technical slots in GSENM (Willis, Cottonwood, etc)

4. Anything else within 2-3 hrs drive of Hurricane! I love ruins also so any suggestions within those parameters!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ok my top two turned into 4 as I was typing...

5. Horseshoe Bend, Camp at Alstrom Point, find a day hike.

tributary of kanab creek. snake gulch. ruins and rockart. a little google detective work and you will come up with something. guaranteed.

My first thought is that where ever you go, stay away from any cliff edges having called her "the ole ball and chain".

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    My first thought is that where ever you go, stay away from any cliff edges having called her "the ole ball and chain".
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by Pelon1 View Post
    x2
    Yep, didnt think my terminology through very well! How about battle ax?

if you pick something real hard, maybe she won't want to go next time.

<~~~Wants to be Mattandersao's ball and chain.

How about Yellow Rock? TH at the junction of Cottonwood Wash Rd and Brigham Plains Rd. Good car camping just to the right on Brigham Plains Rd. Next day hike Hackberry Canyon.

Name:  yellowrock..jpg
Views: 237
Size:  74.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    <~~~Wants to be Mattandersao's ball and chain.

I do live only 30 minutes from Hildale/Colorado City Add that fact to my favorite fictional character being Seldom Seen and... PS how do I change my username after this post I want to be SeldomSeen

I guess I better clarify my earlier comments they were a joke, my wife is not a ball and chain, in fact she is not only not holding me back but pushing me forward and I am not lookin for a second wife... Had to clarify because in another forum I was accused of, well not sure exactly what but nonetheless needed to clarify...

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    don't wory being the end of rant from Tom is earning your stripes. you know you've made it to the club when it happes for the first time.

welcome to the club

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    don't wory being the end of rant from Tom is earning your stripes. you know you've made it to the club when it happes for the first time.

welcome to the club
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Man I felt chastised, which hasnt happened since my own old man(hope that isnt offensive) passed on. I always considered myself pretty tolerant so when I was called on being a bigot it was an eye opener and also a reminder that there isnt a sarcastic button on the keyboard!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    was he sarcastic I dont know. but he has given out free gear when he has gone too far.

bigot . . .

so what gear do you want?

I used the word bigot to succinctly describe the tongue lashing. I was never directly called a bigot. As for free gear hmmm I think being reminded that I dont know the people of the forums I participate in too well and that I need to be careful about saying things that could be misinterpreted was all I needed plus now Im mildly afraid of Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by SeldomSeenWannabe
    I do live only 30 minutes from Hildale/Colorado City Add that fact to my favorite fictional character being Seldom Seen and... PS how do I change my username after this post I want to be SeldomSeen
    Quote Originally Posted by mattandersao View Post
    I guess I better clarify my earlier comments they were a joke, my wife is not a ball and chain, in fact she is not only not holding me back but pushing me forward and I am not lookin for a second wife... Had to clarify because in another forum I was accused of, well not sure exactly what but nonetheless needed to clarify...

PS how do I change my username after this post I want to be SeldomSeen
    I can do this if you like, send me a PM to confirm, unless you're talking about your user title, you can do that yourself:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...our-User-Title

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    I used the word bigot to succinctly describe the tongue lashing. I was never directly called a bigot. As for free gear hmmm I think being reminded that I dont know the people of the forums I participate in too well and that I need to be careful about saying things that could be misinterpreted was all I needed plus now Im mildly afraid of Tom!
    Tom salutes you for including the disclaimer, while talking of himself obnoxiously in the third person.

less of a slight than other lashings of the toungue, perhaps, but let me send you a whistle. Your address? Please email to me at CanyoneeringUSA at gmail.