Thread: Scout Look Out Human Waste

Scout Look Out Human Waste

So as me and my brother were hiking up to do Telephone, we noticed the huge barrels of "HAZARD WASTE" sitting next to the toilet at Scout's Look Out. From Scouts Lookout all the way to the canyon entrance we discussed the topic of disposing this waste. We discussed packing them out on a dolly system all the way to bringing a helicopter in and flying them out. I thought i would start a thread and see what you other canyoneer goers thought about this topic, or if anyone knew how they really got them out that would be fun to know as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

How was the canyon?

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    yeah strange first post.

to answer your question they use a helicopter

Ah, poo. I think it's a great first post! But would like to hear about the canyon too.

The canyon???? Long hike, lots of raps, a little water, and fun! We took wetsuits and they were nice but not absolutly necessary.
    First post??? More like lost password and Username.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    you can ask beach for your password and username

Need help with Bogley.... admin@bogley.com

Besides the bogley admin's are probably used to carting around giant buckets of poo

Agreed, shoot us an email or just hit the "Contact Us" button up top. Tell us your original username and we'll getcha all set up.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/sendmessage.php

...or if you can't remember your original username, let us know the original email address you signed up with, and approximately when.

Try looking under jhillock, Beech! Sometimes a good memory comes in handy...

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    bogley is a bad influence, I had this thread in my mind going up the West Rim trail the other day. And who couldn't stop and photograph the splendor?
    So I was wondering----what effect does high temperature have on sealed 55 gal barrels of "GAS". Could terrorist blow this place up and make angels, an Island?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Last time I saw giant buckets of poo being flown around by helicopter I was in Havasu Canyon, the land where poo was born.

Blog Entries

Re: Scout Look Out Human Waste

Quote Originally Posted by canyoncaver
    Last time I saw giant buckets of poo being flown around by helicopter I was in Havasu Canyon, the land where poo was born.
    Haha, funny.
    Don't forget mosquito cove and sandthrax campground too. But mosquito by far is the worst campground I have seen. I've seen so many uncovered diarrea explosions and TP near the bases of trees. Nasty...

Hijack: If Mosquito cove is controlled by the BLM, why can't they install permanent porta-potties?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post

Hijack: If Mosquito cove is controlled by the BLM, why can't they install permanent porta-potties?
    Answer: They don't want to and a little thing called flooding. Natures bathroom cleaner. I am not sure any potty would handle the 10-20 K cubic feet per second (or what ever blasts through there) on occasion yet with some frequency. If the walls remained, a good gully washer would surely fill in the hole.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Answer: They don't want to and a little thing called flooding. Natures bathroom cleaner. I am not sure any potty would handle the 10-20 K cubic feet per second (or what ever blasts through there) on occasion yet with some frequency. If the walls remained, a good gully washer would surely fill in the hole.
    That place is nasty though. I'd rather see it closed to camping than left the way it is.

Bogley BigShot
    Totally gross area of Zion and it seems to always smell!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    That place is nasty though. I'd rather see it closed to camping than left the way it is.
    Agreed. Hence the reason I have stayed there exactly one night. (emergency, no beds available in Springdale, nor in Hurricane) Part of me does want it to stay open to allow a place for the riff-raff. Keeps them out of the good spots.
    Life is Good

Now the question is???? Who has the awesome job of pulling the waste out of the vault and into the barrels???