Thread: Is it FINALLY Summer?

Is it FINALLY Summer?

Upper 70's today and supposed to hit 80 tomorrow in my neck of the woods. Is it finally here?

I got my sprinklers turned on today and I might have to flip on the central air tomorrow, maybe... I finally washed my daily rider (motorcycle) today as well. Need to get my garden going. Felt great today...shorts and a t-shirt.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

it was way to hot today and it will be way way to hot tomorrow

It snowed here yesterday, but the afternoon was nice and I mowed my lawn the first time since early October. The lawn is no more domant, so I guess spring is here.

It will probably snow again and we have many more frost to come, but spring is certainly here. I wouldn't call it summer yet though.

Here are the last frost we've had at the house for the last five years:

2009: June 16 (no frost in June at the airport-the first time this has happened since we have lived here and extremely rare).

2008: July 13 (fair sized snow storm on June 11)

2007: June 19

2006: June 23

2005: June 14

I usually don't feel summer is really here until we stop having frost. So far this month (and so far this year), we have had only one night that didn't freeze at the house and three nights in May where it didn't freeze at the airport (though more above freezing nights are in the forecast). Today is really nice, but this morning was 23F (not unusual).

Green grass and warm weather the last few weeks...mmmm St. George.

78 in South Jordan. I think the central air will need to be turned on for the first time. Might be hard to avoid...

Officially 32F/75F today at the airport (warmest of the year). It was 26F at the house, but the afternoon was almost hot. It's supposed to snow tomorrow night, but it probably won't stick and even if it does, it won't last long.