Thread: Lady the Beautiful!

Lady the Beautiful!

I'm not too sure what it is, but I am always drawn to the request to "take a hike" up Lady Mountain! A retired friend of mine called me last week and stated that he'd had it with the snow and winter of Montana and had driven to Zion with his wife to "Thaw out". Well...the plans began to unfold. Elaine had mentioned to me that she wanted a break from climbing, and wanted a good hike. Dave (my co-worker) also was game, and I needed a break from the last 2 weeks of events I had been involved with up at Zion, so Lud, Elaine, Dave and I decided that Lady Mountain was just the ticket! Sunday morning we got out of the shuttle about 8:15 AM and began our hike. It was supposed to be a very windy day, but let me tell you....it was absolutely PERFECT weather for the entire hike! No wind, cool temps, and only one patch of snow on the way up! Oscars for a quick bowl of chip[s and dip, plus a few beers ended a perfect day with friends! Thought I'd share a few pictures of the hike that Dave took with his Lumix camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images                

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    I'm not too sure what it is, but I am always drawn to the request to "take a hike" up Lady Mountain! ****Sunday morning we got out of the shuttle about 8:15 AM and began our hike. It was supposed to be a very windy day, but let me tell you....it was absolutely PERFECT weather for the entire hike! No wind, cool temps, and only one patch of snow on the way up! Oscars for a quick bowl of chip[s and dip, plus a few beers ended a perfect day with friends! Thought I'd share a few pictures of the hike that Dave took with his Lumix camera.
    Me too!!! What a great way to spend your Sunday! I LOVE that hike! I've gone three more times since the first time (with you) and I'm looking forward to going again! I really want to take my daughters up there. In fact, maybe I will on our way to Escalante at the end of the month! Thanks for the pictures - they bring back nice memories - LM is such a beautiful hike!

Great Bo! Yeah, I would love to do that hike again - going to have to make time for it!

I would have to pack up some really great wraps, with cheese & veggies & lots of fresh basil & stuff, for the trip - Randi's wraps up on the top were a total highlight for me last year!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    another one on the hit list. maybe on my upcoming trip

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000 View Post
    Great Bo! Yeah, I would love to do that hike again - going to have to make time for it!

I would have to pack up some really great wraps, with cheese & veggies & lots of fresh basil & stuff, for the trip - Randi's wraps up on the top were a total highlight for me last year!
    OMG - I haven't ever posted those pictures of our trip Kev! I'm LAME in that regard for sure. Some of the LM ones came out, but the Fat Man's pix didn't come out so good. I've got some fun "extreme napping" photos of Matt up there on LM!
    I'll try to get to them before I see you next.
    Yeah, those veggie wraps go over well no matter where you're at!
    Viva la Veggies!

Ever since Kev told me about it and pointed out the route (from the road it looks impossible) I've been wanting to try this. The climbing pictures here make it look intense!
    If I weren't bringing the boy down (next week!!) it would be a priority. I don't think he's ready for that though (hell, I'm not ready for him to be ready; I'm afraid to take him on Angels Landing).

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Ever since Kev told me about it and pointed out the route (from the road it looks impossible) I've been wanting to try this. The climbing pictures here make it look intense!
    If I weren't bringing the boy down (next week!!) it would be a priority. I don't think he's ready for that though (hell, I'm not ready for him to be ready; I'm afraid to take him on Angels Landing).
    It's got a few tense moments but nothing too major. You'd have to really keep and eye on him (steep) and probably pull him up or lower him down with ropes on a few spots. But the one climb that looks the most intense is actually the easiest & less awkward of three spots!
    Here's some more pictures to peruse if you'd like - it was a mini chick-fest I attended a few years back - starting with the beautiful Lady!

You & E should come and do Kanarra with us on Sunday!
    You're heading home up the 15 right? It's out that way toward Cedar City.

Awesome Bo. Wow, great views up there.

Bogley BigShot
    Great shots everyone!