Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Subway - May 8, 2010 (plus some tips on Subway in the spring)

I was there April 25th, my first time doing Subway (top down at any rate). I'm laughing now because I didn't realize the 'puddle' at the bottom of Russel Gulch wasn't supposed to look like that. Here's my pic of it from that day, and aside from my poor quality camera, it looks like the same photo!

I actually thought the rap above bowling ball was exponentially sketchier than the keyhole that day... We just walked down the log with a handline for that.

I also saw the lone trekking pole and one of the two trashed sweaters you are talking about. Too funny.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool. Was there a bunch of neon green webbing slung from a small tree stump after the subway section near the "shower section"? (Or did your group leave that webbing there?) It looked like someone rigged that because they didn't want to cross the log, but they didn't quite have enough webbing to get all the way to the water.

Do you have any images of the keyhole section? If the water level was about the same April 25th that might help us try to look for other correlating factors for the water level. The only streamflow data available is for the North Fork of the Virgin river, but it's not super helpful considering it's a not related at all.

The thing about the bowling ball rap is that you can easily go up and around it, but the keyhole rap there is no way to bypass. (well, there COULD be a way to bypass it if someone were to go to the rim above that section and put some anchors in for a rap to bypass it, but there are no natural anchors up there and it'd be an awful lot of work to avoid what is normally a fun section for 99.9% of the canyoneers visiting this in a given year)

Good thing you didn't take the trekking pole, otherwise Chris would have had a much harder time dealing with his broken leg :)

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryebrye View Post
    Do you have any images of the keyhole section? If the water level was about the same April 25th that might help us try to look for other correlating factors for the water level.
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post400483

Oh, duh. I did see that one. :)

Anyone go there this weekend? I have a permit for next Friday but not up for a class C version.

Can anyone shed some light on what the Das Boot variation would be like with this kind of water in it? Has anyone been down it in May 2010?