Thread: Timpanogos Cave 2010

Timpanogos Cave 2010

Timpanogos Cave is now open. If you have never done the cave tour put it on your to-do list. Its a great way to spend half-a-day.

Timpanogos Cave
    http://www.climb-utah.com/WM/timpcave.htm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

hope they dont fill it with cement to prevent anyone from getting stuck

I'm planning to spend a long weekend camping on the Alpine Loop when the Tour of Utah goes by. I hope to be stationed on the summit when they ride by.

I think I'll call about the Intro to Caving tour they offer through Hansen. It's only $15 and a good way to spend an afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by cachehiker View Post
    I'm planning to spend a long weekend camping on the Alpine Loop when the Tour of Utah goes by. I hope to be stationed on the summit when they ride by.

I think I'll call about the Intro to Caving tour the offer through Hansen. It's only $15 and a good way to spend an afternoon.
    Let me know what date you're looking at. If I'm available I'd like to join you.

The Tour of Utah rides the Alpine Loop on Sunday, August 22nd. They'll be hitting the summit at about 1:30PM. I have a site reserved in the Mt. Timpanogos Campground for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night and will be doing distributed camping for a couple of days if I arrive earlier.

Reserving a spot for the Intro to Caving tour is about the only way to go and they won't accept a reservation until 30 days in advance. I'll PM you and anybody else when the time comes to call them back.

I'd also like to do the RAT (Ride Around Timpanogos) on my mountain bike while I'm there if there's anybody out there who knows the route. It's a bit much for a solo ride with my not being entirely familiar with the loop.