Thread: Chamberlain ranch to Navajo Lake

Chamberlain ranch to Navajo Lake

Going to be taking a group of Boy Scouts down Birch Hollow next month and we will be coming in from Brian Head. Instead of going all the way around through Mt Carmel and up Highway 9, I was thinking of just taking the North Fork Rd from Navajo Lake to Birth Hollow which will cut off a lot of distance. I have driven the North Fork Rd many times up to Chamberlain Ranch area from East Zion but haven't been much further down towards Navajo. Anybody have a close estimate how many more miles down the North Fork before reaching Navajo? Has anyone driven it? How long did it take?

Thanks!
    Bryan in Las Vegas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    driven it a couple times. When I took it I didn't care about time. I remember the distance (time) from the lake to CR was less than from the highway of east zion to CR. But I could be wrong.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Bryan
    I've traveled that road a lot, snow stays on the South side of the lake for a long time. The South side is where the road is located, it is a North facing slope, and in the pines most of the way. I would call Kane County and see if they will be clearing it.

Thanks everyone for the info. I will give Kane County a call. I should have put the date, we will be up there June 22 so hopefully that will give the snow plenty of time to melt off.
    Thanks again!

Bryan

One would hope that most of the snow is gone by then, but MAN did we get a lot this year. Oh yeah, and forecasted for more from Sunday through Wed. If I feel like taking a ride after that I'll keep ya posted on the current conditions. I'm located on the East side of Zion (basically Zion Ponderosa).

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by scubabryan View Post
    Thanks everyone for the info. I will give Kane County a call. I should have put the date, we will be up there June 22 so hopefully that will give the snow plenty of time to melt off.
    Thanks again!

Bryan