Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

Sometimes when I'm canyoneering my mind starts playing tricks on me, particularly if I'm canyoneering solo I have a tendency to "scare myself" with mind games. I'm not sure why I do this, other then I might be crazy.... or maybe I'm just bored hiking along by myself.....

Anyhoo.... one of the scenario's that sometimes goes through my head when I'm in a remote place is this......

Name:  problem#1..jpg
Views: 309
Size:  42.6 KB

It probably started after the group had to swim over the dead bodies in Chop Rock a few years back.... thinking about having to do that kinda freaked me out..... So.... what would you do if you were in a remote canyon and came upon a couple floaters blocking the way?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So.... what would you do if you were in a remote canyon and came upon a couple floaters blocking the way?
    Reminds me of Bill Murray in Caddyshack. Take a bite and proclaim, "its ok"?

Baby Ruth bar...

Anyhoo...

Was a story of a couple fairly famous climbers doing, I seem to recall, the Lost Arrow Chimney in Yosemite. The one on lead came upon the body of a climber. Some bad language was heard by the partner below, who yelled up asking what was the matter. "His f'ing jacket doesn't fit."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    "His f'ing jacket doesn't fit."
    ()

Assuming there's no way to go back the way you came there's only one thing you can do. Drive on.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    ()

Assuming there's no way to go back the way you came there's only one thing you can do. Drive on.
    I don't know Brian. Seems like getting the wetsuit off the dead body would be challenging...

But the guy in the wetsuit was wearing a helmet.

Re: What would you do?

I would document what I see via pictures/video, complete my plans and notify authorities as soon as I can. If they are dead, what else would you do?
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

way too responsible. check for the car keys and cash.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    This is really a no brainer----------
    I would swim past these two and scout out the next drop, if it requires a "deadman" anchor.......WOO HOO my lucky day.

Safety first people! You gotta check to make sure they're not sleeping brain-eating zombies. Throw a rock, then continue...

I would document what I see via pictures/video, complete my plans and notify authorities as soon as I can. If they are dead, what else would you do?
    Ditto.

If it were possible I would get the bodies on dry land so they would be easy to find, but other than reporting it there isn't much else you could do.

Mountain Misanthrope ScoutColorado's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    This is really a no brainer----------
    I would swim past these two and scout out the next drop, if it requires a "deadman" anchor.......WOO HOO my lucky day.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So.... what would you do if you were in a remote canyon and came upon a couple floaters blocking the way?
    They don't appear to be blocking the way at all. No problem.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum