Thread: Wednesday Ogden Ride - May 5

Wednesday Ogden Ride - May 5

Cinco De Mayo. What better way than to celebrate with bike tubes that were probably made in Mexico?

Actually it looks like Wednesday was going to be the rainy day of the week, but it's turning out to be Tuesday, so let's ride.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/84401

Name:  wed..png
Views: 194
Size:  30.8 KB

Let's meet at the ONLY place that seems to be open in the Ogden area for the past 2 months... Rainbow Gardens at 5:30, Wednesday May 5.

We'll ride North OR South, whatever we want.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

'Beach, if I'm heading North on I15 to Ogden, what's the fastest way to get there? I know where Rainbow Gardens is but haven't been there for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    'Beach, if I'm heading North on I15 to Ogden, what's the fastest way to get there? I know where Rainbow Gardens is but haven't been there for awhile.
    You should just get off the 12th street exit and take 12th all the way to the mouth of the canyon. It's the last right, maybe 100 yards before entering the canyon.

I am going to try to make it....(Kids Baseball).
    Still trying to get in riding shape.

I should be good to go for this one, only speaking spanish that day so it should be cool!

ooh, gettin' bumped up to 63 degrees

Name:  10..png
Views: 155
Size:  36.7 KB

I'm a new member of this community, do you mind if a mexican rides with you guys tomorrow?....Let me know...Sombeech, I think I know who you are, the guy with a blue KLEIN bike!!!...I have seen you a couple times riding this trail. I ride these trail twice at week, I like to start at the top of 46th, then all the way down to Rainbow Garden,then the hardest part is the comeback. It is a good workout and is fun. By the way, just to let you guys know. In Mexico 5 de Mayo does not mean anything, I mean is a holiday, but it is not as important as the Independece day (Septmember 16th) or Revolution Day (November 20th). But anyways, if USA celebrates 5 de mayo, so....VIVA 5 DE MAYO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferbron23 View Post
    Sombeech, I think I know who you are, the guy with a blue KLEIN bike!!!
    That'd be me. What will you be riding?

Name:  IMG_2276..jpg
Views: 162
Size:  142.7 KB

This is me and my bike.

Uh, oh! Weenie-weight Motobecane. We'll see you at the top of the hill, Ferbron! Don't fall asleep waiting for me!

'Beach, is there a bathroom at the trailhead where I can change my clothes? I'll be visiting some clients along the way, justifying my leaving the office early!

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    'Beach, is there a bathroom at the trailhead where I can change my clothes? I'll be visiting some clients along the way, justifying my leaving the office early!
    Yes, Rainbow Gardens is a restaurant and gift shop, there's a restroom right near the outside door.

Sorry for all the questions. One last one. Are we meeting right in the Rainbow Gardens parking lot? If so, which corner/area? Thanks- see you there!

Yes, we'll be in the large parking lot on the West. I'll most likely be in my white Dodge Dakota. I may not have my blue Klein tonight, I'm going to borrow MY T PIMP's big downhill rig, Diamonback.

beech, I am leaving now, gotta hit the trail early may still be there when you arrive, had a change in babysitter plans so i gotta go early.

I went earlier to rainbow garden, had to pick my wife up from work at 5:30, INVITE ME for next ride.
    I had the chance to ride with steve(tallsteve), great ride.
    First ride with a guy with biking experience, as a beginner, I got a lot to learn but this is all about.
    By the way, steve,... biking shorts, socks and shoes I'm wearing in the photo below is different to the one I worn today. Same shirt.